A Weekend In Leanbox

I smiled up at 5pb., head bobbing to the beat of the music. "Shine for me, star of hopes and dreams! I swear that you can always count on me and I'll always rise above, because I won't lose to anyone!" We all began to cheer as jets flew overhead, doing various tricks and what-not. "Blue skies as far as you can see..."

IF spoke up. "5pb. certainly lives up to her reputation. She's the true siren of Leanbox."

I nodded. "You can say that again."

"Stay here, behold the beauty all around you. Come, take my hand, let's see them again." The jets flew right past her. "The kindness in your heart, the warm touch of your skin." Something within me resonated with the song. Was it the mention of kindness? Hope? Dreams? I'm not sure... "We may be far apart right now, but someday... Shine for me, star of hopes and dreams! My will is strong, there's nothing too extreme to win your heart! Destiny, written in the skies, always meant to be, I'll make them realize that I'll always rise above, because I won't lose to anyone!"

We all cheered and Hulo screamed so loud that he winced in pain. "Ow..."

"Thanks, everyone! You guys are the best. Now, up next... 'Dimension Tripper'!"

------------

We were walking through the Leanbox Basilicom when Lady Noire voiced her concerns about Lady Vert not joining us. "It was nice of Vert to invite us to the concert and all. But rather odd that she didn't bother coming along herself! What kind of host does that?" Behind us, Ram and Ram, Neptune, and Hulo were trying every door we came across, seeing if it was unlocked.

Lady Blanc spoke up. "I'm sure she has a perfectly good reason."

I gazed at my phone, headphones in my ears as I watched a live stream. Or she's doing a castle siege with her guild.

"So which one is Vert's room, anyway?"

Neptune opened a door and I very quietly heard it on the live stream. "Here! This one's unlocked!"

Nepgear noticed how I kept my eyes glued to my phone. "What you watching?"

"A live stream of a castle siege in 4GO."

"Oh."

We all walked over and saw that the room was dark and utterly messy.

Compa looked around and frowned. "What happened here? This place is a mess!"

Oh my god, this echoing effect I'm getting from Lady Vert's live stream is so annoying!

Lady Blanc spoke up. "Looks like it's been ransacked."

Lady Noire smiled. "Actually, I think she's just an incredible slob."

Neptune saw a game case. "Whoa! That one says 'Not recommended for players under 18'!"

IF pulled her aside. "Hey! Watch what you're saying, okay? We've got some impressionable kids here!" She can act like a real loving mom when she wants to. (Not that she's had any kids, that is.)

Nepgear gazed at a picture on the wall. "Ah...!"

"Oh, come on! What's the rear guard doing out there?" Great, now the echo's coming from life, and not the stream.

"Huh?"

Opening a door, I put away my phone and watched the live stream in-person. "Fine. I'll cover you myself." She took a sip of her drink. "No, I'll be fine. You go on without me. What the--? Oh, poo!"

Neptune popped in. "Ah! Found her!"

"They're fast! These guys are just way too fast!" I wonder how long it'll take for her to notice us.