Father of the Year

2015, Location: Bravo One's Apartment, Dallas, Texas

Eden plopped down on the loveseat, cold beer in hand. Jamie grumbled slightly as she sat on his sprawled out legs but said nothing as she pushed his sock covered feet on her lap.

The TV softly played the Longhorns game, their resident Texan Trunt forcing Delta to watch it. The man himself sat on the recliner watching the game, while also having a conversation Eden lost track of a long while ago with Dave.

Jacob stood in Trunt's bachelor kitchen talking to what Eden guessed to be his sister but Lord knew at this point. She just sunk into the couch and the medic's warm comfort.

She must have dozed off because she was awoken by her phone buzzing in her pocket. No one else noticed, Trunt and Dave had in the time she was asleep started turned towards the tv again. Jacob had finally joined the team again but was scrolling through his phone. She pushed Jamie's legs off her lap and stumbled up, answering the phone as she walked towards the kitchen.

"Summers, who's this?" She answered, leaned against the white counter.

"Hi, am I talking to Eden Summers?"

She slowly nodded, confused before she realized the other women couldn't see her, Eden then spoke up. "Uh yeah, speaking."

There were papers shifting on the other end, "Hi Miss. Summers; I'm Lucy Reed at Point Flowers Mental Rehab, your father was recently-

Eden cut her off. "I'm sorry, but did you say my father?" The sniper's head began to race. Last time she had even talked to that man she was barely 18. Ma had just died and her father hunted her town to get money for whatever. Now 8 years later and he was still alive?

"Yes miss, you're his only contact on the emergency list. We brought him in last week and he's ready for a family meeting."

"I'll be there tomorrow," the sniper choked out.

Eden's hands shook as she hung it up. Footsteps came from the doorway and Trunt stood there with a look of worry on his face. "That bastard is alive?"

Eden silently nodded and just sat on the floor, phone dropped on the cold tile below. Her voice cracked as she spoke, "H-he's in a rehab center and needs to meet up. I'm th-e only one on his contact list."

The others started spilling in and Jamie stumbled next to her with a worried look on his face, "Prince you hurt?"

She silently shook her head and just stood up, gently pushing the medic's hands away. "I'm going for a walk," she muttered to the team; ignoring the looks of worry and hopefully not pity.

Eden's socked feet hit the ground with a soft patter as she threw herself down the steps. 3 stories and a stiff smile to a passing neighbor later brought her to the sidewalk. She just collapsed on one of the benches in front of the apartment building.

The sun was setting at this point, reds and oranges shining across the sky. Eden could feel herself sobering up slightly. Her thoughts were a bit more clear but still spinning like the wind. How was that man alive? Why was it her on his emergency card? Too many questions.

The door behind her swung open and Trunt came out. He gave a slight wave and sat down next to her. "You okay, kiddo?"

Eden just shook her head, not trusting her voice. He reached over and pulled her down so the sniper's head lay on his shoulder. "It's alright Summers, it'll be okay."

---

With Trunt on one side and Dave on the other, the white waiting room seemed a little less empty. Boss and his 2IC both had been the ones to go with her. Eden had put her foot down at two; as much as she loved all of Delta to be there, not knowing how her old man was going to react gave the sniper reason to limit those who came.