Eagle?

Day 2:

2016, Location: Camp Baharia, [REDACTED], Iraq

Willow sat on-top of a crate inside the sailor's weapon cage, watching as Eden strapped a standard looking pistol to her right leg. The whole room smelt of gunpowder and the sharp tang of metal. 5 cages all but the one they were in sat empty and locked, but a flag sat pinned to the far wall. It had a black background with two guns crossed over in an X formation. Wrapped around the weapons was a green snake and on the bottom of the flag sat the words 'Delta Team: Tread Carefully' It must have been the team's flag.

"You know how to shoot a gun?" Eden asked suddenly, glancing up to the journalist, a weird emotion projecting from her tone.

"Uh... Yeah?"

This seemed to settle whatever thought process Eden was going through because the face dropped, and she nodded to herself.

"If something ever happens to me, I want to know that you can at least have a fighting chance."

Willow sat up in shock. "Nothing's gonna-

Eden cut her off with a sharp look. "You don't know that, just listen to me okay? If something ever happens, steal my handgun and radio, call in Mission control and explain what happened. Don't worry about codes or anything. It's a very small chance that something ever will so don't get worried but it's always better to be prepared."

Willow just silently nodded, watching again as Eden swung her backpack on and glanced around. Something better not happen.

---

Day 7

2016, In the streets of LA Anbar, Iraq

It was a week into their sprung partnership, and it was going as swimmily as possible. Eden lay prone 3 blocks from where they started that second day, on a roof like always.

It was downpouring like cats and dogs, Eden was drenched, and her gun's stand started to shift around because of the slick roof which was never a good thing.

Willow sat on the steps under the roof slope, staying slightly drier than how Eden was doing, but her shoes and lower pants were still wet to hell. Eden tried to make the reporter just stay at the base but with no give. The woman was fierce and insisted that she came with.

It was nearing 2 PM and the rain was still not giving up when Eden's radio crackled. She glanced back to Willow who gave a curious glance but otherwise said nothing.

"Homebase this is Delta 3, no clear copy could you repeat that?"

The radio cracked again but this time around a clearer copy came through. "Delta 3 this is Command, we have reports of unusual activity 2 blocks from your location. Are you able to check it out?"

At this point, Eden heard Willow shifting around behind her. Shit, she still had Willow with her. "3 speaking, Eagle is with me at the moment, do you wish me to scope or knock out Command?"

The situation was about to go from bad to worse with what command was about to spill. There was no way that Eden could keep both Willow and her safe while killing those with guns-

"3, go ahead and knock out. You have 45 mikes to report back. "

"10-4, over and out."

Eden crouched up and glanced at the reporter. How the fuck was she going to do this? The sniper shifted around in her pack and tossed Willow a gun strap as she unstrapped her own Glock 19 and turned the safety off. "We're about to go into a clusterfuck of a situation I rather not do with a civilian but spartanly Command thinks that whatever damn fucking situation is going on is bad enough that I have to fix it with a civilian."