Intro

Let's get one thing straight.

Magic is 100% real. The world as we know it is full of sorcerers, witches, elementals, alchemists, druids, and many more types of magic users (or mages for short). Though, only humans born with magic can learn it as a skill, join a guild, and find employment opportunities through Magi-Connect sites. Humans who can't use magic are called normals or normies.

However, humans are not the only ones who can use magic. There are creatures, like mischievous fairies, deadly demons, and everything in between, who can use magic. Most of these creatures (i.e., fairies, wendigos, werewolves, centaurs) live deep in the forests, far away from humans. Some, such as vampires and ghouls, can be found in cities. Mages promptly track down the creatures in or near cities and exterminate them, hopefully before they can wreak havoc and kill innocents.

The most dangerous creature though would have to be a demon. Whatever you are picturing in your head, I promise you a real life demon is much worse. They are creatures driven by blood lust, who kill any living being that they cross paths with.

Fortunately, they reside in a different dimension. The only way they can cross over into our world is through being summoned by a sorcerer. Demon contracting is legal, as long as the demon summoned has given up its magic and autonomy and the contractor promises their soul in return.

And there is always a flip side to every coin. While there are legal guilds and legal mages, there are also dark guilds and rogue mages.

Our government, Magical Confederation, does their best to track down those who are illegal practitioners, but they can only do so much. More often than not, they just post a job on a Magi-Connect site an let other guilds deal with it. Whoever makes and arrest or kill first gets paid.

That's where people such as myself come in. I'm a sorceress who favors bounty hunting jobs. There's just something about tracking, fighting, and catching that gives excitement to what would normally be a boring life.

Doesn't matter if I'm going solo or with a group, I just love the chase that comes with bounty hunting... Money to pay bills is also a bit of a driving point, and combat jobs offer the most moola.

But mind you, I've only been out of my apprenticeship for 3 years. Sure, I've been practicing magic since I was kid, but there is still a lot I need to learn.

So, without further ado, this is the story of how I, (y.n) (l.n.), fucked up.

A/N: Who has stories she hasn't updated in months but hit some inspiration and decided to publish another story? ME! 

Also, as you can tell, I'm testing out a different style of writing with this story. Let me know what ya think!

***This work was inspired by a new favorite author of mine, Annette Marie, and her fantasy books. If you like mystery and fantasy, then I encourage you to check out her work***