Chapter 1: The Beginning

(F/N)'s POV

"I'm starving..." This is the worst feeling any human can have. Ugh, I can feel it, my internal organs are slowly being eaten by my stomach.

Much worst, I don't even know how to use this card called ATM card. A friend gave it to me after I left their residence. If ever I am short on money just use this card. But as you can see, I am too ignorant to even understand how to use these modern stuffs.

Who am I you ask? Well to start off short, I am (B/N) (L/N), a traveler who's on a special mission. My dear, I'll explain later. I just need to see how this card works for now. They say it can give you money but how? I guess someone like me has been left out because this is technology guys, TECH.NO.LO.GY. And someone as old fashion as my ancestors, will never understand it.

"How does this work again?" I ask myself. Before I left my friend's house, she showed me how to use this card thingy but that was six months ago and it's only the first time that I desperately need it. I am standing on this big box thing. A while ago I was watching how trying to peek at people on how they do it but all they did was covered the box thing with their hands to prevent me from watching. I have no clue why they do that?

Anyways I left that box thing since the people on the line were starting to get furious. They were so scary. TT_TT

It's a good thing there are still left of what had became the stuffs of ancient times. I can easily recognize the tools and machinery. But then again, some had been improve to the point it looks creepy to me or is that I am just too ignorant.

*GROWL*

Ahhh~ that sounds of an angry stomach. I can't help it. I'm starving! I could be eating at a fancy restuarant by now but no! I will die of hunger first before I finish my mission. TT_TT

I check my pocket only find some bronze and silver coins, not exactly enough for a decent meal. "I guess I'll have the cheapest bread for lunch.

.... and dinner."

I was pacing in my mind, thinking of ways to survive this cruel world while searching for some pastry shop. My train of thoughts were broken when some force suddenly bump into shoulder causing me to stumble on my own two feet. "Watch where you're going pip-squeak!" The one who dump me growls with killing intent. I suddenly back away since I don't want to cause trouble even though he was clearly at fault.

I scorch my forehead. Did I just smell alcohol?... this man leaks! I covered my nose. Gosh! what a strong smell. The man glares one more time and left. I can even see a clear view of his katana on his sheath.

"A military officer? If so shouldn't he be patrolling this village?" He was wearing a Japanese kimono and has a badge of his squad behind it. "This guy will be in serious trouble once his captain finds out." I could care less. I'm starving people and sooner or later I will be one of the beggars of this street.

I continue to wonder aimlessly at this village. If there were some patients to treat I can probably earn some silver. I am a young registered physician if you're pondering about my occupation. I am clinically skilled in the field of medicine. I have vast knowledge in herbs and pharmacy. In my hometown, I am one of the best.... atleast that's what my grandfather keeps telling me. But... I am not really... fully... formally... official as of yet... because...

Wait a minute... why do I feel like my bag suddenly became lighter? I turn to check my belongings and shoot! It's way worst than a lighter bag. Not only my belongings but my whole bag's gone! I turn my attention to where I possible drop it, but to my shock, I saw a bunch of dirty ragged kids run away holding my stuffs.

Shoot! All the stuffs I need for survival are there! My herbs, my tools, the all those weird stuffs my friend gave me after I left.

Quickly, I ran after those kids. There were a lot of people around me so I can't keep up with them. I'm clearly losing them.