#18: Judge

Felix POV:

"It's time to go," Hyunjin said poking his head through my room door.

I nodded and got up from my bed grabbing my phone with me.

Today was the day we get to pick our dancing partners. I was excited but disappointed. Excited because I can finally see Rose face to face, but disappointed because she won't be my dancing partner.

Hyunjin, Minho and I got into our van that was driven by our manager. The other members didn't have any schedule today so it was only us he had to go with.

Once we stepped inside the JYP building, the head of the dance department greeted us with a warm welcome. He knew who we were of course, he helped choreograph a couple of our songs.

We walked alongside him to the place the competition would take place as he explained everything that would be going on.

I wasn't paying much attention to what he was saying I was just eager to get inside that dancing studio.

Rose is now probably waiting behind those doors I thought to myself looking at the door that separated me and her.

The middle-aged man pushed the door open and we followed him inside. I scanned around the room and then I finally saw her.

I could tell it was her from her facial expression, she was shocked of course. I kept staring at her without knowing, she was indeed beautiful just like Minho said.

Her features were definitely distinguishable among the six other trainees due to her being a foreigner.

I sat down next to Hyunjin who was also looking at a specific person but, I didn't pay attention to who it was.

The competition started, and one by one the trainees danced. It was starting to get boring the only reason I wanted to be here in the first place was to see her, Rose.

Finally it was her turn. My attention was back to where it should've been, on the competition. I gave her a wide smile as she introduced herself.

The music started and she moved with the beats of the song. She captured everyone's attention but most importantly she captured my attention.

The way she moved was extraordinary, I know I didn't pay attention to the other trainees but I could tell she was better than all of them.

The music ended and she stood in front of us panting.

"Woah, that was very cool. What do you guys think?" Mr. Choi, the head of the dance department said looking at the three of us

How can I describe what I'm thinking right now? I couldn't find the right words, none of the adjectives I thought of described my thoughts.

After Hyunjin turn it was mine. I scrambled all the words I could think of and put them in a sentence

"Well, I think her moves are very sharp, she can definitely dance smoothly and I was really content with the entire routine" obviously there was more that could be said but my mind was too clouded

When the clipboard of names was passed on to me, I had already made my mind. Minho apparently did too as he as well chose Rose.

The three names that were finally placed down as the finals were Jieun as suggested by Mr. Choi, Jiwon suggested by Hyunjin, and Rose suggested by Minho and I.

Once it was the results time I made sure to flash Rose a reassuring smile. I wanted her to know she made it so bad but I wasn't the one who was going to announce the winners.

Names of the winners were called and of course, everyone congratulated them. I wanted to go up to Rose and congratulate her, but I remembered the fact that she gets bullied because of me so I decided it was best not to.

I wasn't keeping track of how fast my heart was beating once I saw her smile until I stepped outside and held my chest. It was bumping at a rapid speed, what was going on with me.

I couldn't have just developed feelings for her just because of how amazing she was at dancing or how her smile was an award-winning one. Or could I have?