Wattpad Original
There are 10 more free parts

Prologue

"Please read the warning at the beginning of this book before you continue to read!"

(21 years ago)

It was the darkest of all nights and the hunt had begun.

The glorious light of the moon was shining bright, spreading its silver glow throughout the forest and not a single animal moved for they all knew what was going to happen.

The ground shook as the pack tore through the forest and emerging first through the shadow was the Alpha. His amber eyes glowed and his snout twitched as he breathed in the damp, fresh air. 

He growled a loud howl and in response a hundred other roars were heard.

Then beside him another wolf appeared, blue eyes and the whitest coat of fur - his mate and the Luna of the pack.

Both wolves shared a glance and as their eyes met they shared a conversation.

Are you ready? the Alpha asked.

As ready as I will ever be, his mate replied.

In the darkness of the night and the deadly silence it seemed that the wolf was laughing as his amber eyes twinkled in the moonlight.

Bring me something worthwhile, he added at last before turning to address the line of wolves that had emerged from the forest and stood ready for the long awaited order.

In the glory of the full moon, under the protection of the moon goddess, I, Alpha Kronex, lead our pack the Crescent Moon, on its 113th annual hunt.

A chorus of howls responded to the announcement and a second later both the Luna and the Alpha tilted back their heads and released an echoing howl before they dispersed into the darkness, followed by their pack.

It was custom of the Crescent pack that both the Alpha and the Luna should split and hunt on their own. When the hunt was over they reunited and in front of their pack they would gift each other with the product of their hunt.

Knowing this, the Alpha rubbed his fur against his mate's and playfully bit her neck.

Be safe, he said and she nodded before turning and running in the opposite direction only accompanied by the Beta's Mate.

Both female wolves ran around, playfully knocking into each other and jumping over fallen branches.

It feels good to finally run like this, the Beta female said as she dodged a fallen branch.

The Luna cast her a glance, she agreed. The wind in her fur and the soft forest bed beneath her paws were an indescribable feeling. Suddenly the females stopped when they heard the snap of a twig.

Can you smell that? the Beta female asked as she held her snout to the air. The Luna did the same - rabbit.

Both wolves slowly approached the animal and just as the Luna was about to pounce the rabbit became aware of the danger and sprinted off into a cave.

Damn it.

The Luna followed the rabbit and made her way into the cave, the Beta Female just behind her.

It was just when they noticed the rabbit they heard the cry. It was a piercing sound that tore through the night, clutching at the Luna's heart.

It was the cry of a baby.

Both females looked at each other but before the Beta female could advise otherwise the Luna was gone.

Running deeper into the cave, ignoring the hunt, she followed the cry and before she knew it, she was standing in front of a cardboard box.