Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

|7|

Perhaps I had overestimated how much I had been 'fixed'.

My chest was getting tighter with every step and my head was starting to spin as I continued into the forest. In my rush I had completely forgotten the tiny little fact that humans can't see in the dark, and being a human, it meant I couldn't see where the hell I was heading.

I leant against a tree, gasping for air. Leaning forward I struggled to breathe but I clutched tightly a compass, trying to figure out which way North was.

I could hear the whooshing of water nearby and guessed that somewhere close by there was a lake.

Deciding I had spent enough time resting, I started to run again. It had been about half an hour since I started this journey and I could already imagine that the guards had finished their training. If they caught my scent or if someone had realised I was no longer in my room, then it would be game over for me.

Trying to push aside the thoughts of how Alpha Stone could punish me I continued to head forwards with determination. I needed to get home and see my parents and to make sure my mother was fine, that was all I wanted to do.

My parents were my world. They meant everything to me and if what Kiera had said was true, about Alpha Stone murdering my mother, then I was going to kill him myself, no matter what.

If I were a werewolf I could have been home by now, I thought dejectedly.

I slowed down when I came across a large fallen tree. It was twice the size of me so I couldn't just simply jump over it.

I rolled up my sleeves and was about to pull myself on top of the tree when I heard a twig snap.

I knew it was him before I even turned in the direction.

"I would think very carefully if I was you," he stated, emerging from the shadows, looking majestic under the moonlight.

Alpha Stone was shirtless, his rock hard abs obvious as he stepped closer to me. I had to physically pull my eyes away from his body and up to his face.

He was watching me with his dark eyes. His black hair was messed, strands falling across his face.

"What?" I whispered, my voice unwittingly husky. Good god, how could this man be so gorgeous?

Wait- stop. This man could possibly have killed your mother and you are admiring his good looks? My conscience quickly shook those thoughts out of my head.

"That tree," Alpha Stone gestured with his head, "is on the border of my pack. You cross it and you have officially escaped."

I was confused at his fact-stating voice. Was he telling me to leave?

He continued, "And that means, once you have crossed, I'll give you two seconds before I kill you."

Oh I see, he wasn't giving me facts he was just threatening me.

I stared back at him, dead in the eyes.

"Just like you did to my mother?"

There was silence and I watched his perfectly shaped eyebrows rise.

"What are you talking about?" he finally asked, his voice gruff.

I wanted to roll my eyes at him for feigning ignorance.

"I know what you did to my mother!" I yelled, tears glazing my eyes. "The whole deal was I would stay and be your prisoner if you let my parents go."