Introduction

This book is the product of procrastination. Serious, unwavering, unrelenting and unyielding procrastination. 

Or at least, that's how it started. These last few weeks, I have pushed out chapter after chapter like it was nothing, in an attempt to finish it before the Wattys deadline. And guess what, I'm almost there!

At the time of writing, Severed Ties has a total of 28 chapters (plus a prologue and an epilogue) and consists of roughly 50,000 words. I have written all chapters, but I still need to edit them. That's why I will publish either daily or every other day, depending on what I can keep up with. Either way, this story is bingeable!

Fun fact: every chapter will start with a flashback, in italics, of Emma and Severus' life at Hogwarts when they were children. While this is not integral to the plot, they are fun little extra's, which I do recommend reading. However, if you don't enjoy them, you're welcome to skip to the non-italicised parts instead for the main story.

Important for now: I will probably start publishing next week. This is because, while the main story is finished, I haven't written all the flashbacks yet. Once I've written those, I'll start publishing the chapters. 

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you in the comments! :D

- Naomi

P.S. Picture above is Emma. :)