Chapter 4

I grin at Draco and he grins back.

"That was so awesome Harry! I don't think he'll be bothering you anymore. Or at least for a while."

Flint gives me a slap on the back. "We knew you had it in you kid. You did good. If there were any doubts before there are none now. You're a true slytherin. Welcome to the family."

I give him a smile. I then turn when I hear footsteps come up behind us and see Snape standing there. I gulp silently and Draco squeezes my hand to show support.

"Potter can you come with me please, I would like to speak with you."

"Yes sir."

I follow him and I notice he's leading me down to where I assume his office is. We finally arrive just outside his office and he pushes the door open. I follow him inside and close the door behind me. I glance around and notice his office is rather dark and cold just like a lab, but cozier. The walls on either side have a couple of shelves filled with jars that have potion ingredients in them. Along with a couple of books. Sitting in front of me is a dark brown desk with two red ornate chairs on either side of it. I'm cut off from observations when Snape speaks.

"Have a seat, Mr. Potter."

I quickly sit down and try not to squirm around in nervousness. Then I hear Snape let out a sigh.

"I owe you an apology Potter."

I look up at him suddenly confused.

"The way I've been treating up till now is wrong. You are more than just your fathers son. I now see more of Lilly in you then ever before. I was just blinded by my hate for your father I didn't see it sooner."

I try not to interrupt but I can't help myself. "You knew my mother? Can you tell me more about her? Everyone always talks about my father but not my mother. It would be nice to know more about her."

Snape gives me the barest of smiles. "Perhaps another time. I can tell you she was the kindest and brightest witch I've ever met."

I smile, happy to learn something about her.

"Now I would like to know why you're getting along with my snakes. I have nothing against that of course but I do want to know how this happened."

So I do, I tell him everything. Everything ranging from my home life to everything that's happened so far. When he heard about my treatment from the Dursley's he was furious and cursing Dumbledore for placing me there.

I tell him about how Dumbledores been paying Weasley and Granger to be my friend.

"That explains your reaction in the Great Hall."

I blush slightly. "Sorry about that sir."

"No it's quite alright, I suppose that's to be expected. Now moving on, there's no way I'm letting you stay in that muggle home. Not with the way they treat you."

"Draco's already got that covered. He wrote a letter to his father about that. As well as about trying to get me re-sorted."

"Don't worry about the re-sort. I can take you up to Dumbledore's office tomorrow. No need to delay that, the sooner that's done the quicker we can move on."

He takes a glance at the time and turns back to me.

"Now I'm going to assume they already moved your stuff over into the dorms correct?"

I nod.

"Yes sir."

"Good that's one less thing we have to worry about. Now. I realize it's getting late so let me walk you down to the dormitories. I can give an announcement and tell everyone you're going to be staying there from now on."

He gets up and opens the door for me. I take a step out and then stop suddenly. I hear something moving almost like it's in the walls. It sounds like words but I can't make out what's being said.

I jump when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Mr. Potter? Are you ok? You looked lost for a moment.

I look up at Snape. Dazed for only a moment before I snapped out of it.

"Yeah I'm ok. I just. I thought I heard something. I must be just tired."

"Alright, if you're sure you're ok. That does make sense it is getting late."

I nod, and we start walking back. But I stop once again when we make it halfway. That sound is back and it's closer this time. Almost like it's in the walls. But that's crazy right? I still can't hear what it's saying though.

I shake my head. I'm hearing things, I'm just tired and everything's fine. I start moving again and catch up to Professor Snape.

He glances at me but doesn't say anything.

Soon enough we are right outside the dorms.

"Thank you sir."

He nods and opens the door. I'm immediately tackled with a hug. I see blonde hair and realize it's Draco.

He lets go and steps back.

"I'm glad to see you in one piece."

Professor Snape sends a small glare in Draco's direction, but the blonde ignores it.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

I chuckle.

Draco just smiles. "Come on everyone was waiting for you. I guess they wanted to throw a small party to celebrate you becoming a new member of the family. Or something like that."

He smiles. Professor Snape lets out a small sigh.

"I'll allow it just this once. Just make sure everyone doesn't stay up too late. As well as making sure everything is cleaned up and put back to normal."

Draco nods. "We will. I promise sir."

Snape lets out another sigh. "Goodnight Potter, Malfoy."

He walks off and Draco pulls me inside. 

~ AN- Hey everyone I'm back sorry I've been away for so long. Life's been busy again. But I should be putting out a few more chapters now. So this story isn't dead or abandoned. I'll try to get more chapters out soon.~