Chapter 7

Once the door closes I finally relax the pent up tension in my shoulders. That could have gone better, but then again it could have gone worse too. We walk a little bit away from Dumbledore's office before stopping and stepping off to the side. Mr. Malfoy turns towards me and Professor Snape stays by my side.

"I'm glad we got that sorted. I swear that bumbling fool is going senile. Anyways, this is where I have to leave you for now Mr. Potter. But something tells me you're in good hands here. Just remember you have mine and my family's support. I'll be in touch, I'm sure there's many things that the old fool hasn't told you yet."

He smiles slightly and gives me a brief but comforting hug. He steps back and gives a polite nod before walking away and down the hallway. Snape and I watch as he rounds the corner vanishing from sight. Once we can't see him anymore Snape turns towards me.

"How are you feeling, Mr. Potter? Are you ready to go tell the others the good news? Or do you need another minute? And I want the truth, I won't let you bottle your feelings up."

I can hear the concern in his voice and I'm quick to reassure him that I'm alright.

"I'm a slight mess, but I'm alright. I just wasn't expecting him to pull the parent card. I'll tell you if it ever gets to be too much, I promise."

Snape looks relieved and gives a small nod.

"Alright. Now let's hurry back. I'm sure the others are getting worried about you now. Draco will also want to know how it went."

I nod my head and chuckle lightly. We start walking back to the dorms. After a couple of minutes we stop right outside the door. I push it open and walk inside. I can see Draco sitting on the couch waiting for me and I smile. I was thankful that it was the weekend since that makes this easier.

I wave goodbye to Professor Snape and then go and sit on the couch next to Draco.

"So how did it go? Did you see my Father?"

"Yeah I saw your father. Actually ended up giving him a hug. Apparently he went and got all the paperwork that was needed to switch guardianship and for the re-sort. The meeting with Dumbledore however went about as well as I could have hoped. He tried to guilt trip me into changing my mind by using my parents against me. I think my magic ended up breaking some of Dumbledore's stuff because of that. But I'm officially a part of the Slytherin house now."

Draco looks surprised for a moment before smiling. He leans over and hugs me then lets go.

"I'm glad. Now all we have to worry about is waiting for your new robes to come in. Though I've been wondering something."

Draco turns and looks straight at me.

"I saw that article about how Weasley and you were spotted in that flying muggle contraption. I was wondering why you did that instead of just taking the train."

I grimace at the mention of Ron but give a small sigh. That was definitely not the best way to get school. On top of that, having a house elf steal my mail isn't too fun either. 'Wait, I haven't told Draco about Dobby appearing in my bedroom yet. I'll have to tell him afterwards.'

"That's actually an interesting story. We were at Kings Cross and all of Ron's family went into the gateway. But the weird thing is when Ron and I went to cross through after them the gateway sealed itself. We took the car so we could follow the train to get to Hogwarts. Only I nearly fell out of the car to my death. Once we finally got close to Hogwarts it malfunctioned somehow and the car went crazy. It landed in the whomping willow tree which tried to kill us. Only for the car to drive into the court yard. It dumped Ron and I out and then went off into the Forbidden forest."