Chapter 5

Draco leads me inside and the entrance closes behind us. Upon entering I look around and see the room is filled with people talking to each other. When the entrance closes they all stop and turn to look at us. It's quiet for a moment before they suddenly burst into cheer and surround me.

Numerous people come up and give me a pat on the back and congratulate me. I feel this warm feeling of belonging grow within me and I smile. Once the crowd of people thins, I follow Draco over to sit on the couch. Everyone gathers around and finds spots nearby.

I glance around the room spotting Pansy, Blaise, Theo, Flint, Marcus and other people as well. I smile slightly basking in the warm feeling. Everyone was waiting to hear what Snape said.

"I've got good news. Snape approves of me staying here. He's taking me to get re-sorted tomorrow morning. I get to stay!"

I give a big grin and all of them give a cheer. Flint lightly coughs to get everyone's attention.

"I'm glad Snape gave his approval. But there is one thing I have to say."

He smiles threateningly and I get nervous.

"If Weasley or Granger try to get to you like he did at dinner, we have your back. They can't have you. You're stuck with us and they can eat dragon dung for all we care. Just let us know if they give you trouble."

The threatening grin disappears and I inwardly breath a sigh of relief.

'I've never had anyone willing to protect me before like this. It feels nice.'

Everyone nods to Flint's words, before breaking into cheers again. The rest of the night was spent celebrating and welcoming me into the family.

Eventually we all decided to call it a night and head to bed. I follow Draco back to his room and open the door. Tiredly I make my way over to my bed and grab my clothes to change in. Once I'm done I make my way back over to the bed and lay down.

I glance over at Draco and catch his eyes. I could feel everything was catching up to me. But I was feeling happy. Happier than I've felt in a while and I was grateful.

"Hey Draco?"

Draco looks over at me and raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah Harry?"

"I just wanted to say, thank you. Thank you for all of this. I wasn't expecting much when I broke down and came down here. So thank you."

"Your welcome Harry. I'm sorry I was such a jerk before. They shouldn't get to control you, you are your own person."

A small yawn escapes me and I chuckle lightly.

"Night Draco."

"Night Harry."

With that I close my eyes and drift off to sleep burrowed in the blankets. Before I fall asleep a small innocent thought crosses my mind.

'I wonder if Dumbledores hiding anything else from me.'

I wake up to the artificial sunlight hitting my face. I groggily open my eyes and sit up. I reach for my glasses and slide them on. I look over at Draco's bed and see that he's already awake. He's sitting on the edge of his bed and he glances over at me.

"Good morning Harry."

"Morning Draco."

I get out of the bed and stand up to stretch my limbs out a bit. Once I finish stretching I start to get ready for the day.