Chapter Three

(Zeke has a twin in my book to make it
an even number)
——————————————————————
Not So Great Outdoors Part 1

Chris POV

"Yo! We're coming at you live from Camp Wawanakwa, somewhere in Muskoka, Ontario." Chris says while standing on the dock. "I'm your host, Chris McLean. Dropping season 1 of the hottest new reality show on television, right now! Here's the deal, 24 campers have signed up to spend 8 weeks right here at this crummy old summer camp. They'll compete in challenges against each other, then have to face the judgement of their fellow campers. Every 3 days, one team will either win a reward, or watch one of their team members walk down the Dock of Shame, take a ride on the Loser Boat, and leave Total Drama Island, for good."

The scene flashes to a campfire with stumps around it. "Their fates will be decided here, at the dramatic campfire ceremonies where each week, all but one camper will receive a marshmallow. In the end, only one will be left standing and will be rewarded with cheesy tabloid fame and a small fortune, which let's face it, they'll probably blow in a week. To survive, they'll have to battle, black flies, grizzly bears, disgusting camp food, and each other. Every moment will be caught on one of the hundreds of cameras situated all over the camp.

The scene flashes back to the dock. "Who will crumble under the pressure? Find out here right now on Total Drama Island!"

We stop recording for a commercial break. I get a drink of water before we start filming again.

"Welcome back to Total Drama Island. All right, it's time to meet our campers! We told the they'd be staying at a five star resort, so if they seem a little ticked off, that's probably why." I laugh to myself thinking of their reactions.

The boat comes and drops off the first camper. It's a small chubby girl with braces and glasses.

"Beth, what's up?" I say. She starts running towards me in excitement and I inwardly cringe when she grabs me in a hug and starts talking.

"It's so incredulous to meet you. Wow your much shorter in real life." She says as she releases me.

"Uh, thanks." I reply as she waves at the camera.

The boat drops of the next camper. It's a buff looking dude with darker skin, but he seems like he'll be a softie. I grin evilly in my head.

"D.J." I greet him.

"Yo, Chris McLean. How's it going? Hey, you sure you got the right place here?" He asks with uncertainty.

"Yo, dawg, this is it. Camp Wawanakwa."

D.J. storms away.

The next girl the boat drops off is an extreme goth, and she looks very unhappy. "Hey, Gwen."

"You mean we're staying here?!" She asks

"No, you're staying here. My crib is an Airstream with A.C."

"I did not sign up for this," she says in anger.

"Actually you did," I pull out a copy of our contract, which she proceeds to take and rip in half.

"The great thing about lawyers is... they make lots of copies." I smirk as I pull out another copy of the contract. She sighs and goes to stand with the rest of the campers.