Chapter Four

The Not So Great Outdoors Part 1

Chris POV

After Gwen comes Geoff, Lindsay (who was a total ditz), Heather, Duncan, Tyler, Harold (definitely going to get bullied), Trent, Bridgette, Noah, Leshawna, Sadie and Katie, Ezekiel and his twin Jackson ( they both seem really dumb), Cody, Eva, Owen, Courtney, Justin (I've seen better), and Izzy.

I've introduced 23 of the campers, and the last one has just arrived. I watch as she steps off the boat. She was so short, she almost didn't make it to the dock without falling.

She's so cute. The sudden thought startled me. I clear my throat. "Welcome, Claire." I start to look over her and see she's wearing dark jeans and a light blue hoodie. I can't see much of her face or hair, but I can already tell the picture her friend showed didn't do her justice.

As I look at her, I can tell she's also looking at me, almost like checking me out. It seemed like she caught herself as she coughed and introduced herself. "H-hi, I'm C-Claire." I thought I saw a little bit of red on her cheeks, but it was hard to tell as most of her face was covered. She looked nervous and I saw sadness in her eyes. I felt bad, which surprised me.

Izzy suddenly blurts our, "Are we having lunch soon?"

"That is a good call!" Yells Owen.

"First things first," I start, "we need a group photo for the promos. Everyone on the end of the dock."

I jump on the boat to take the picture as everyone groups together to pose. I notice that Claire stays on the end and makes sure nobody is touching her.

"Okay, one, two, three... Oops. Okay, forgot the lens cap. Okay, hold that pose. One, two... oh, no, wait. Card's full." I smile seeing that everyone is getting annoyed with me. "Hang on. Got it. Okay, everyone one say, 'Wawanakwa!'" I see that the dock is about to break and look at Claire. Without realizing I did it, I motion for her to move. She notices and starts inching away.

"Wawanakwa!" Everyone screams. The bridge breaks underneath them and I laugh at their panicked expressions. I look over to see that Claire barely escaped and I sigh in relief. My concern for her is a little worrying, but I'm not the type of guy that doesn't take chances. Maybe I'll get to know her a little better and we'll see where that goes. I also want to know more about the sadness I saw in her eyes.

"Okay guys, dry off and meet me at the campfire pit in ten!" I tell the campers

Claire POV

After everybody dried off, we all walked down to the campfire pit. I still haven't said spoken to anyone yet as I was too nervous. I hope everyone is nice though. I don't think I could handle being bullied.

As we sit by the campfire I stand behind Duncan at the back. He seemed cool. As Chris gets ready to start talking to us, I start to stare at him again. He really is very handsome. I had no idea what I was walking into, so I also had no idea about who was hosting the show. I wasn't very connected to celebrities or famous people, but even I knew who Chris was. He's a lot hotter in person, not that I'll ever say that out loud.

"This is Camp Wawanakwa," Chris starts. "Your home for the next eight weeks. The campers sitting around you will be your cabin mates, your competition, and maybe even your friends. You dig? The camper who manages to stay on Total Drama Island the longest without getting voted off will win $100,000."

Duncan gets up, so I move out of his way. He looks at me for a second before I see him smile at me. A genuine smile. I smile back even though he probably can't see me. It's nice to know that I have a possible friend here already.

"Excuse me." Duncan says to Chris. "What will the sleeping arrangements be, because I'd like to request a bunk under her." He says, pointing at Heather.

Heather looks at Chris in horror. "They're not coed, are they?" She asks.

"No, girls get one side of the cabin and boys get the other." Chris says.

"Excuse me, Kyle? Can I have a cabin with a lake view since I'm the prettiest?" Says Lindsay. I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle her ditziness.

"Okay, one, I've seen prettier." I thought I saw Chris throw me a quick glance but it could have been my imagination. "Two, that's not really how it works here. And it's Chris."

"I have to live with Sadie, or I'll die." I think her name is Katie, says.

"And I'll break out in hives." The other one says. I think her name is Sadie. "It's true."

"This cannot be happening." Gwen complains in disbelief. I agree with her, those girls are too dramatic.

Owen grabs Gwen and Tyler and says, "Aw, come on guys, it'll be fun. It's like a big sleepover."

"At least you don't have to sleep next to him," Tyler says to Gwen, eyeing Duncan as he gives a deer a noogie.