2-Coffee Stains

Your POV

You woke up to your blaring alarm in your ear. You sat up on your hands and reached for your phone, turning the alarm off. You were super tired after last night, and you were barely able to publish the song. Sighing, you pushed off your covers and stepped into the shower. After a quick shower, you dried your h/t (hair type) and pinned it back. You quickly put on a cropped dark green sweatshirt and a pair of dark jeans. After brushing your teeth, you got everything you needed for the studio. You grabbed your laptop, chargers, wallet, sunglasses, and phone. You had been walking more often, and it brought you a sense of clarity. You were really trying to still have a normal life after you started to become more famous. You had never like the word 'famous'. For you, it seemed to mean that people thought their opinion mattered just because they were 'famous'. You had witnessed some of you own clients think that they were entitled to do whatever they wanted and just because they were 'famous'. You thought that if you let the 'fame' get to you, it would make you a bad person. For you being famous was like a curse, and you wanted to stay away from that word. That's why whenever you were walking, you walked without a disguise. Most people would think your crazy, but you didn't need to hide who you were just because there were people that would try to ask you millions of questions. You simply ignored the camera flashes and intrusive questions. Everyday, before you went to the studio, you went to a small coffee shop that was just a five minute walk. You were what they called a regular, and you knew almost all of the employees by name. They knew what kind of coffee you liked, and if you liked it hot or cold. You could even go as far to say that you were friends with everyone. They loved you and most of the time, if you weren't running late, you helped clean up messy tables or drinks that were spilled but never cleaned. As you walked into the little coffee shop, you saw one of your favorite workers. Her name was Ginnifer Way, Ginny for short. Immediately, she greeted you with a hug. 

"Ginny! It's so good to see you! How are the little twins?" You asked after you pulled away from the hug. 

"They are doing great. They're spending all day with their grandma." She replied with a smile. Ginny was 18, and got into a relationship with a not so great guy. They did some stuff and Ginny got pregnant. When she told him, he left. He moved states and left her at 16 to go through everything by herself. She had her mom though, and they were just the cutest little family. 

"That's amazing Ginny, can I come visit you some time soon?"

"Of course!"

"Awesome! So how about med school? Hows that going?"

"Surprisingly well, I've got really good scores and I'm top of my class."

"Congrats Ginny! Do you know where Jaiden is? I need to give him something."

"Yeah, he's back in the storage room. You know where that is. Just don't scare him. He's been very jumpy lately."

"Alright, thank you, and I'll see you soon." You said as you walked to the back of the small coffee shop. You were greeted with a few 'Hello's' here and there, but was finally able to make it to the storage room. You saw Jaiden moving a bunch of boxes around, and knocked on the door, which made him jump a little. 

"Jeez, don't scare me like that, y/n!" he said as he placed a hand on his chest.

"Well hello to you too. Anyway, here's your signed copy of Harry Potter." You said tossing the 5th book to him. 

"WAIT, YOU ACTUALLY GOT ONE!!" he shouted. You let out a little laugh.

"Well kind of. It's signed, but I got it signed when I was 10. My school went on a field trip the the UK. I haven't read the books in like 5 years, so you can have mine." you said

"No way, y/n. I cant accept this!" he said and tried to give you the book back.

"You and, and you will." you said and pushed the book back into his arms. "See it as an early birthday present." you said with a smile. He looked up from the book and hugged you tightly. You gladly returned the hug, and went to order your drink. You were sad that you couldn't stay and enjoy your coffee, but today was one of the days you were running a little late. You quickly ordered you usual. As you were about to leave, you turned back and said goodbye to everyone. They said goodbye, and you turned around quickly. A little too quickly. You ended up bumping into someone, and spilt your coffee all over yourself. You immediately said sorry to the stranger. "Oh my gosh, I am SO sorry. I wasn't looking where i was going!" you explained. The stranger finally looked up at you, and you recognized him immediately. 

"Tom/ y/n!" you said at the same time. 

"I am so sorry y/n I didn't mean to make you spill coffee on yourself!" he explained.

"No no, its my fault I was basically asking for it by standing in the door way. Hey Ginny, do you have an extra shirt?" I asked.

"No but I think Jaiden has one. I'll go get it for you!" she said and ran off to the back.

"Thank you!" i yelled back, "And I'm so sorry for bumping into you Tom, it's completely my fault."

"No it's mine."

"No really its mine."

"Its both of yours, here's his shirt." Ginny said giving me the shirt. I thanked her and ran off the the restroom to put it on. It was a shirt from one of my friend Billie's concert. After I walked out, Tom walked up to me with another coffee. 

"Here's a coffee. That girl, Ginny I think, gave it to me to give to you. She also said that your a little late."

"Fudge! Thanks for the coffee Tom, but I literally have to run."

"Do you not have a ride?"

"No, I like walking." 

"I can give you a lift." he offered.

"Really? Thank you! I owe you."

"No you don't. Its totally fine."

lets just say you got to the studio with a minute to spare.