3- Working With the Big Guys

Your POV

I made it to my studio right before my newest client walked in. I sighed out in relief and looked anxiously at my sister, Annalee. She helped me work and was kind of like a manager to a producer... if that makes sense. She was mainly there to keep me in check. I was now sitting down with Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Bobby Lopez. They were the song writers of Frozen 2. I had worked with Kristen over the phone about a few of the new songs a while back. Now they just wanted to get an extra recording of it. After I had helped produce and co-write the songs, I was asked to be an extra singer, along with someone of my choice. So ultimately I said yes, and chose one of my friends, Brendon Urie. He was running a little late, but thats to be expected in LA. Traffics not the best. I had suggested that we go ahead and start, and what perfect timing, Brendon came running through the door.

"I'm here! LA traffic sucks!" he exclaimed.

"It's all good, we were just aout to start anyway. You wanna go first?" I asked him.

"Sure."

He stepped into the booth and sang through one of the songs, pretty perfectly. We had him do mini runs and extra little snip-bits. Altogether, he sounded great. After that, it was my turn. I was making my way to the booth, when Annalee quickly came to my side.

"Um, y/n. We have Tom Holland waiting at the front. His car battery died. What do you want me to do?"

"My god, is he okay?"

"Yeah, He's fine. He's waiting on a toetruck."

"How long of a wait?"

"y/n, its LA its going to be a while."

"Ha, great. Fantastic. Tell him that both of you can come in here and watch or something. I'll talk to him right after I'm done with this."

"Okay, I'll bring him back."

"thank you Annalee!" I called to her as she walked back to the front. I turned to everyone in the room. "Looks like we're gonna have a visitor. His car broke down. I'll tell him he cant record anything."

"It's not a big deal, y/n, Lets just finish up." Kristen said. I nodded and walked into the booth.

(play music)

Into the unknown
Into the unknown
Into the unknown
(Oh)I can hear you but I won't
Some look for trouble while others don't
There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day
And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh
WhoaYou're not a voice, you're just a ringing in my ear
And if I heard you, which I don't, I'm spoken for I fear
Everyone I've ever loved is here within these walls
I'm sorry, secret siren, but I'm blocking out your calls
I've had my adventure, I don't need something new
I'm afraid of what I'm risking if I follow youInto the unknown
Into the unknown
Into the unknown
(Oh)
(Oh)What do you want? 'Cause you've been keeping me awake
Are you here to distract me so I make a big mistake?
Or are you someone out there who's a little bit like me?
Who knows deep down I'm not where I'm meant to be?
Every day's a little harder as I feel your power grow
Don't you know there's part of me that longs to goInto the unknown?
Into the unknown
Into the unknown
(Oh)
(Oh)
WhoaAre you out there?
Do you know me?
Can you feel me?
Can you show me?ooh
(Ah) ooh
(Ah) ooh
(Ah) ooh
(Ah) ooh
(Ah) oohWhere are you going? Don't leave me alone
How do I follow you
Into the unknown?
Woo!

I finished up, and I worked with everyone to add little things to it to make it a finished project. When we  were done, I escorted everyone out to the front. I waved goodbye bye to Kristen and Bobby, and gave Brendon a quick hug. When they were all gone, I turned back to Tom. "I am SO sorry about your car, I'll pay for whatever is wrong with it."

"It's not a big deal y/n. You.. um.. you sounded amazing back there. I didn't know that producers can sing." He said and he scratched the back of his neck.

I laughed a little. "Most can't, and I'm honestly not very good at it. I wanted to sing, but it's a very risky business, so I decided producing was better." I explained.

"That makes sense," he replied. It became quite before his phone started to ring. "Hello?" There was a pause. "Oh okay, that's fine. What time tomorrow?" Another pause. "Ok thanks." He hung up. "They can't get my car until tomorrow."

"Oh my gosh, Tom! I'm so sorry that's horrible!" I can stay here overnight to make sure no one steals it or anything." I offered.

"No that's okay. Is there anyway of getting home?" He asked.

"Well I normally walk, but I can try to find something else." I offered.

"Walking sounds nice. I'll go get everything from my car." He said and ran to his car quickly. A few minutes later, he came back. He had his backpack and his jacket.

"Ready?" I asked

"Yeah, lets go."