Chapter 5: Percy

I have no idea why I'm updating so much, I just can't stop myself.

Once I end a chapter, I want to keep going, so here I am :)

In case you're wondering, this chapter's gonna be five years into the future as well. Just to make sure no one's confused ;)

Whatever, here ya go

-C

Chapter 5: Percy

I was drenched in sweat. My lungs were on fire, and I was breathing hard. I walked over to the water fountain which spewed golden nectar. One sip, and I felt my strength surge back into me.

"Were you even trying, Perce?" Luke grinned as he walked towards me, sword slung over his shoulder. I grinned back.

"Look who's talking, Scarface. Who was it that defeated you five years ago, on Mt. Olympus?" He rolled his eyes and slugged me in the shoulder.

"That hurts, Perce. Besides, that was Kronos you were fighting. And I sacrificed myself!" I laughed and slung my arm around his shoulder as we walked to our rooms.

"Still counts!" I retorted. I shoved him as he laughed at me again. I nodded bye to him and walked into my room. I smiled as I flopped onto my bed and sighed as I wrapped myself in the soft, covers on my bed. Chaos may be creepy, but his taste in blankets was seriously good.

But Chaos wasn't all bad. After a year or two of intense training with him, I guess he noticed I was getting kind of lonely. So one day, he told me that I could choose a few others to join me in my training. There was a catch though.

They had to be dead.

The day I started my training, Chaos told me that I couldn't contact anyone from my past life. I couldn't tell them I was leaving, or that I was even alive. I still remember the pain I felt when he told me this. Annabeth, Grover, my mom. They'd all think I was dead. They probably think that now. I felt like I had gotten stabbed. Even now, years later, I still feel that empty feeling in my gut. Like there's something missing.

But part of it's filled now. I have some of my friends back. Silena, Beckendorf, Luke, Bianca, and Zoe. They're like my family now, and I don't know how I even survived those two years with Chaos without them. They remind me of my old life, back at Camp Half Blood.

But I pushed that to the back of my mind. I needed to forget all of that. The seven, Grover, my supposed mom and dad. And Annabeth. My stomach twisted at the thought of her. Annabeth. But I had to move on. This was my life now. And I had to accept it.