Chapter 12: Annabeth

Wow, can you say worst author ever?

Cause I cannnnnn

Sorry I haven't updated! Homework and studying have literally taken over my life :(

I'll try and write during the week, but I'll make sure I update every weekend for sure

Thanks for over 800 reads guys, you're great ;)

Enjoy my imagination dorks <3

-C

Chapter 12: Annabeth

I stared at "Omega" again. Something about that name triggered a memory, back when I was 12.

Back when I was with Percy.

We were at the Big House. The sun was just starting to set, and I could see it perfectly from where I was sitting on the big wrap-around porch. I was shaking with laughter, a copy of The Odyssey in ancient Greek on top of my lap. Percy was staring at me with a look of amusement and frustration.

"What! What's so funny?" Percy sighed exasperated. I smiled and looked at him.

Even at 12, he was good-looking. Percy looked at me with his sea-green eyes, his raven black hair messy and making him look wild. But of course I would never tell him that.

I rolled my eyes and scooted closer to him, showing him the textbook. He leaned closer and squinted.

"You read the sentence wrong. Instead of saying 'Odysseus showed no fear', you said 'Odysseus fist bumped a deer'." Percy groaned and slid down in his chair.

"Gods, this is hard. I don't know how you can do this, Annabeth." I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, Percy. You can do it, too. You're a demigod. We fight monsters, for Hades' sake! If you can kill the Minotaur, you can read a sentence."

"I'd rather fight the fist-bumping deer Odysseus met," Percy muttered. I laughed and shook my head.

"You're an idiot. Now come on. What's that letter?" He squinted and moved closer to me.

"Uh... Omega?" I smiled and slung my arm around his shoulder.

"See, dork? That's right! Omega. You finally got one right." He laughed and slung his arm over me.

"Who are you calling a dork? I can read the letter Omega. I should change my name to Omega."

I laughed again and looked at him. He was grinning like an idiot and his eyes crinkled at the edges. We were both so young. Percy opened his mouth to say something, still smiling broadly.

"Annabeth? Annabeth! Come on, we gotta show the Chaos people around." I frowned. The voice that came out of Percy's mouth wasn't his. It was Jason's.

I shook my head and I pulled myself out of my flashback. Everyone was watching me, waiting for me to respond. I was still staring straight forward at Omega, probably freaking the jerk out. I cleared my throat, embarrassed. Percy's been distracting me a lot lately.

"Right. If you follow me, I'll show you around Camp Half Blood. There's a place where you can set up camp down by the woods." I snapped. I started to walk forward, but I felt a hand on my shoulder. Chiron was looking down at me, giving me a scolding look. I sighed and turned around.

"And thank you. We need all the help we can get, defending our home," I shrugged, "Maybe it'll become your home too." Chiron smiled down at me, proud I did the right thing. Omega cleared his throat.

"Uh, thanks." He turned towards his friends. "Guys. Come on, we need to set up camp."

I pushed forward, Chaos' army following close behind. As we passed the Big House, I swallowed. The memory of Percy started to play again and I blinked a couple times, holding back tears.

I couldn't let the others see me like this. We're at war. Percy's long gone. I need to move on. I'm a child of Athena. I don't let emotions cloud my thoughts. I need to let go of him, and all those memories. A stray tear rolled down my cheek.

Goodbye Percy.

I quickly wiped it away, hoping no one saw.

As of this moment, Percy Jackson was no longer part of my life.