Chapter 10: Annabeth

Wow, I literally gasped when I saw that this had 270 reads, thanks guys :)))))

I know the chapters are kinda long and it's not as good as other stories, so this means a lot to me.

Oh gods, haven't updated in a while, oh well

Alrighty then, enjoy peoplessss

-C, the happiest author ever right now >:)

Chapter 10: Annabeth

The meeting ended late, so instead of heading back to our cabins, we went to the mess hall to get breakfast. But instead of finding fresh bacon and omelets, there were six figures in cloaks, standing on top of some people's breakfast. My heart almost stopped when I saw them.

At first, I thought they were gods.

They looked about my age, dressed in dark grey cloaks, their faces covered. Underneath, they were wearing regular jeans and t-shirts. They certainly didn't look impressive.

But I could feel it. Power was radiating off of them in waves, more than I've felt from any demigod. Even some gods. Which, got me kind of worried. I mean, when was the last time a few gods decided to pop in and help us? "Hey, we're super powerful and we're gonna help you!" Yeah right.

I unsheathed my dagger and ran towards them, the others doing the same. We're about to go to war. We need all the campers we can get. I can't afford to have any of them turned into bunnies or something by some minor gods. I watched the cloaked figures talk to the campers as I ran.

I instantly felt my cheeks get hot with anger. I'm still not sure if these guys are on our side. The last war we had, hundreds of demigods switched sides to fight with Kronos. I was not going to let that happen again. Not after Luke. Or Silena. Or anyone that died fighting for Kronos. He took away their chance for Elysium. I swear on the River Styx, I'm not going to let Tartarus do that.

"Hey! Who are you guys and what are you doing here?" I saw the figures turn around to face us. Well, I'm guessing they did. I still couldn't see their faces, but I saw their bodies shift. 

We stood a couple feet away from them, gasping for breath. 

"Well? Answer me!" I shouted. One of them kept staring at me. (I think. Stupid hoods. I hate not knowing.) The others nudged the figure and he cleared his throat. He's probably the leader, based on the way they expected him to talk.

"Um... hi. So, like we were saying to those guys," he jabbed his thumb behind him, "we're a group of heroes sent by Lord Chaos, who's like all powerful and stuff. He knows how much trouble you guys are in, so he sent us here to help you guys train and to fight with you guys. So... yeah. Any questions?" 

I still couldn't see their faces, but I swear the others rolled their eyes at him.

I replayed the figure's voice over and over again in my head. Where have I heard that before? All of a sudden it hit me like a truck. The way he spoke so casually, even though we were at war. The way he still sounded powerful, even if he was uncertain what to say.

I knew that voice. I knew it.

I walked closer to him, much to the complaints of the others, with my dagger at his throat. I kept coming towards him. He kept walking backwards, almost falling on top of the Hermes table. I kept my dagger right where his throat was.

It couldn't be him. It can't be. I glared at the him, trying to see his face, but the hood covered it.

"Annabeth," Jason said slowly, "What. Are. You. Doing."

I leaned closer to the figure, only a couple inches apart from him now. He didn't try to push me away or fight back. He just stood there. I leaned even closer.

"Percy?"