Beauty and Bruises, My Love

Dear Almost My Everything,

The moon was something else that night, wasn’t it? Remember how you used to say I looked like her?

“What? What do you mean?”

“Don’t act like you don’t know.”

“But I don’t.”

“The moon never conforms with who she is. She’s always seeking her best phase, trying to prove people that she really is beautiful, or maybe even trying to prove it to herself. What she doesn’t realize yet is that all humanity already knows she holds the beauty in all of her phases.”

The silence that built between us at that moment was a turbulent whisper that didn’t quite understood its own words. It knew its path to its destination, but when it reached it, it made one shiver with the thought that maybe, just maybe, it may have been truth. And that, honestly and unfortunately, uncovered a curtain of slippery feelings for you.

You showed me the side of my soul that I constantly tried to silent. I muted it by ignoring the dirt and dust it had developed throughout the years, but it always stood there until your words shattered the vail of my denial.

Dear, do you even know how much that moon meant to me that night?  Your gentle tongue curled with the softness of your sincere words, dancing away from your sweet, sweet lips, creating heart-mending poems inside my broken self.  

“The only difference is that she’s alone with her beauty, but you…”

*stares at the moon with loving eyes*

“Me what?”

“Oh, no. That’s your task.”

“My task?”

“Yes. Find the difference. But find a good one. They are usually always hidden in the purple of one’s own bruises.”

Sincerely,

Somebody

P.S. I think I found the difference.

I’m alive.

[Okay, so this is obviously an analogy of a personal event. I mean, we all know there is not a male on this universe who gives such precious flattery in such a deepening way. If only, but there isn't. Also, this is dedicated to one of those readers who knows how to impact your life in ways that aren't quite easy to grasp. I can't thank you enough @Raniyakamran512 for making my stories feel like they are worth people's time and even admiration. I'm so grateful and honored to have a reader like you.]