Midvale Mornings

The drive to Midvale had almost become a family ritual now, Alex in the driver's seat of J'onn's cruiser, (Y/n) in the passenger seat fantasizing about Alex on her motorbike in her leathers, and in the back Kara and Lena. The only new addition was Connor sandwiched between his two mothers sound asleep.

Kara was complaining about why she couldn't have ridden in the front she had called shotgun after all.

Alex had insisted upon an early start to the journey. That had been the day before.

They had arrived to Eliza's usual warm welcome and a big bright smile. Jeremiah had been a little more reserved and anxious for his next meeting with his daughter.

It had gone better than he had expected.

The first full day, the family all gathered together around the breakfast table Eliza, having gone all out to impress and spoil her ever-growing family.

Lena, Connor, Kara, Eliza, and Jeremiah all sat silently, curious looks on their faces as they looked at the two empty chairs and then at each other as though someone had the answer for their emptiness.

"They can't still be asleep," Kara complained.

Lena raised an eyebrow, but instead of answering her girlfriend's question, she speared the eggs on her plate with her fork and ate them. If her mouth was full, she couldn't talk. I'm sure (Y/n) knows about that right now. Lena smirked.

Eliza took an alarming look at Kara. "I'm sure they are just exhausted, Kara, nothing to worry about; Lena dear pass me the milk, please."

"Tired? How can they be tired they went to bed before all of us." Kara continued.

Jeremiah shifted uncomfortably in his chair things had changed a lot from when he last sat down at the table with his family, he felt sure his daughter wasn't being kept late by a wife back then, the same wife who had practically dragged her up the stairs the night before.

Time had flown by, and he had missed it all.

Eliza exchanged a glance with Lena, Connor was too busy tucking into the big bowl of lucky charms to care very much his hair was beginning to grow back Lena had been thankful for that.

"Anyway," Eliza said, trying to deflect the conversation. After everything that had happened, Eliza didn't care if Alex and (Y/n) spent all day in bed. They were happy, and that was all that mattered to her. "What do you all have planned for the day?"

"Mom says Aunt (Y/n) has to take me into town, she said Aunt (Y/n) is ...what did you say again?" Connor asked, looking to Lena, his blue eyes watching her expectedly.

"An annoying pain in my bottom." Lena shrugged. Reciting the PG version of what she had called her cousin.

"That." Connor pointed his hand into the air, "And you know somefing?" Connor whispered across to Eliza, his hands cupped around his mouth so no one could see what he was saying. "She is, she won't make me pancakes."

Eliza laughed at the child's description. "Is she really, well if (Y/n) won't make you pancakes, maybe we will just have to have them tomorrow morning."

"Really?" Connor gasped excitedly.

"Really." Eliza smiled.

"And (Y/n) can't have any." Connor chuckled devilishly.

"I'll make sure she doesn't lure Alex into certain stores," Kara sternly said as she pilled more toast and eggs onto her plate, eyeing up the crisp bacon as she did.

"Certain stores?" Jeremiah puzzled.

Kara's cheeks turned red, the memory of walking past the sex store finding Lena and (Y/n) inside like two crazy kids in a toy store was forever engrained in her mind.