Wrong

"Yoongi? Did you find it?" Said male blinked rapidly from where he was crouched in front of the cabinet under the sink. Yijeong's knife was clasped tightly in his hand, the cool metal digging harshly into his skin from his grip.

The fuck just happened?

He could remember entering the kitchen, Kyung looking for the light switch, then nothing. It's as if a black sheet was wrapped around his brain, blocking out the last several minutes.

"Yoongi?" The small brunette walked out of the pantry and over to him, a bright smile taking over when we saw the black handle in his hand. "You found it!" He gave the younger a pat on the back in praise. "Come on, let's go give it to Yijeong before he has a heart attack."

Yoongi blinked rapidly, eyes flickering back and forth between the metal in his hand to the retreating back of one of his friends.

It felt...wrong.

Wrong in a way he's not completely sure. One of those gut feelings where everything is utterly obscure, but can't place where it stems from. There was one prominent thought in his head, however, something that made him anxious of getting the answer to. Words, questions swirled around, tempting him to ask.

"Hyung?" His voice trembled slightly as he stood up and looked at Kyung's figure in the doorway exiting the kitchen. Said teen hummed in question, peering over his shoulder at Yoongi, hair falling in his eyes, creating a shadow. He still had a smile stretched over his face, however, clearly in a good mood. "Do you-" the younger cleared his throat in an attempt to firm it, "Do you like me?"

The brunette's pinched together in confusion, even Yoongi could tell without actually being able to see them. His smile slow dimmed before completely leaving his lips, leaving the beginnings of a frown in its wake. "Like you?" A tan finger came up to prod at his own cheek, body fully turning in order to face Yoongi head on. "What do you mean?"

The teen's tongue darted out, wetting his suddenly dry lips, "Do-Are we friends?" he blurted out, eyes squeezing shut tight.

It was quiet, so silent Yoongi swore even Kyung could hear his heart racing a mile a minute from nerves, so silent he swore he could hear laughter echoing from the brunette's head, laughing at him. "Um," Here it comes, he's sure of it. The older is going to tell him to fuck off, that he's nothing more than a waste of space. Cool whispers fluttered around, winding and rooting themselves in his ears, in his brain.

He's not good for you, angel.

Leave him, baby.

Petal, come to us instead.

We'll always protect you, sweetheart.

Don't you want to be safe, little one?

The collective question at the end, a mixture of various different voices coming together, made him shiver.

A sudden shift in the air and gentle touch to his cheek made the younger open his eyes, immediately meeting his hyung's, "Of course we are! Why wouldn't we be?"

The whispers got louder. Digging deep, embedding like parasites.

He's lying.

He doesn't care.

Not like we do.

He'll stab you in the back.

Little one, come to us.

"What's gotten into you, Yoongi?" Kyung's voice snapped him back, his mouth now fully in a confused frown, yet somehow, it's soft. "Why wouldn't we be friends?" His thumb traced over the taller's cheek, caressing it in comforting way and, as much as his mind was screaming at him not to, he leaned into it, lids fluttering.

He exhaled a breath he wasn't aware he was holding, "I don't know." It's true. He's not sure where this insecurity came from. He's known Kyung since elementary school and not once has he ever questioned whether the other saw him as someone close before.

In the back of his mind, a deep yet soft voice rumbled out.

Liar.

It sounded like his own.

"Well, I'm sorry to inform you of this, but you're stuck with me." A grin crawled its way back on Kyung's face. "You fed me, so now I'm forever by your side."

Sweetheart, don't fall for it.

Despite himself, Yoongi snorted, "Just like a fucking cat. I knew I should have let you starve that one time in 3rd grade, then I could get rid of your stupid ass."

Dumb baby.

Needs to be steered in the right direction is all.

He'll listen.

He always does.

Wait until ---- gets his hands on him.

A fantastic show it'll be.

Truly.

"Now come on," Kyung's hand slid down from its perch on the younger's cheek to his hand, it's warm, "lets get the knife back to Yijeong."

Yoongi hummed under his breath, fingers tightening around tan ones as he follows.

The whispers quieting, but still buzzing around in the back of his head like an irritating mosquito that won't go away.

Have fun, little one.

Unedited.

Hello! I'm sorry this update took forever! And it's so short T.T

The next one won't take as long since I know generally what I want to happen, I promise!