CHAPTER 3: Karma Is A Bitch!

CALISTA

I couldn't believe all of this was happening. This had to be a joke. I can't believe he chose the ONE person I despise the most. Given, I have never told him about what Harvey did and how he treated me back in school. However, at the same time, I just can't be having him protect me. 

My father and I finished talking which didn't take long and then he took the rest of his guys with him who seemed to be his bodyguards also leaving just me and Harvey alone. 

I shook my head in disapproval of all this but I know I don't want to die so I guess I have no other choice. 

When I stand up and start walking out while ignoring Harvey. I knew he was right behind me but this time, things were different and I was going to make sure he knew and understood that. 

So as soon as I got to my car and tried to open the car door, he shut it. That pissed me off and made me think that maybe this was the perfect time to lay down MY own personal rules. 

"Okay, first of all, we both know that I don't like the idea that YOU are having to be around me supposedly 'protecting' me but let's get something straight and clear right now. First of all, I drive, I don't need for you to. Second, even though my father has hired you to be around me to protect me from the bad guys, that is it. You don't interfere with my life in any way. Got it?!" I asked with a cocked eyebrow. 

He just smirks for a moment and I know he is taking enjoyment of annoying the hell out of me. 

"Alright. But let me explain to you what all my job entitles. It means that no matter where you go, I go as well, not to mention that I do drive in case they try and shoot..." He begins and I interrupt him. 

"Oh my god, I can still get shot at from behind and the backseat. So let's stop right there. I'm driving in my car. You are the passenger and this is my car meaning I also can have whoever I want in here with me and listen to what music I decide to play. Also, any remarks about my life INCLUDING what I decide to eat, I swear you will be sorry." I glare at him. 

"Okay." He says. 

I really wish he would stop smiling. Then he leans in closer and it looks like he's about to kiss me and I start feeling nervous yet can't help but think that maybe I do want him to kiss me? Make my high school dream fantasy come true? But instead, I misread the gesture as he was trying to open the door. 

No no no! I can't think that way, he is STILL the asshole that made my school years a living fucking hell. 

"Whatever, get in." I tell him. 

I open my door and get in as he gets into the passenger seat next to me. 

We begin driving and I remember how much he hates country music and since I like it a lot, it seems that Luke Bryan is playing so I turn up my radio real loud and even begin singing along to the song. 

I noticed out the corner of my eye he was looking out the window but didn't seem to be phased at all. It was getting real annoying and decided to head towards the grocery store to pick up some things. 

I tried having him keep his distance but of course that didn't work and there happened to be an employee here that I thought was hot and who I think likes me too. 

He comes every Thursday to deliver the milk. I was hoping to see him but at the close distance that Harvey is with me he might get the wrong idea. So when I see the guy begin walking out of the fridge in the back after un-hauling all the stuff, I spot him and try to fix my hair a little bit and think up of something for Harvey to go and get so that he could be occupied and out of the way while I try to work up the nerve to say something to this guy. 

It takes some convincing for Harvey to finally go and get some crackers that are several aisles down a ways and he leaves and that's when I begin walking up towards the guy. 

"Hi." I greet him. 

"Oh hey." He smiles after turning to look at me. 

"It's funny how you always seem to be delivering the same day that I always come here." I say. 

Okay, so I'm not used to flirting with guys but this guy I felt I needed to make the first move. 

"Yeah. But it's nice." He winks and smiles at me. 

I begin to feel myself blushing before I decide to finally ask him. 

"So I was thinking...." I started. 

"There you are baby. I got those tampons with the pearls that you like." Harvey tells me as he kisses my cheek. 

I instantly glare at him then look back at the guy. I can tell he is uncomfortable. 

"See ya." He says. 

"No, he's not my...." I tried to explain but he had already left. 

I snap back at Harvey as he smiles in satisfaction and hands me the box where I then throw it back at him.

Then during check-out I try and think of a way to get him back for that embarrassment as I will no longer take this and not do or say anything. 

While the girl is scanning I say the first thing that comes to my mind in hopes it'll work. 

"Oh my god, baby, I forgot your cream. You know the one that the doctor prescribed to you for you know, that 'itch' down there." I exclaim and then smile in satisfaction as he looks at me terrified and the lady behind the counter along with some other girls in the line behind us begin snickering and trying to hold in their laughter. 

He then goes from being horrified quickly to grinning in a sinister way. Which I don't care how short-lived I just had for that moment just now. I have no regrets. Plus I know it still had him pissed off and bothered him what I did as he grabs the bags and then grips my hand tightly so I can't break free from his grasp but yet not breaking my hand at the same time. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)