CHAPTER 12: The Explanation

HARVEY

I was hoping I never had to tell her this part of my life.

"My Uncle was the one who raised me after my parents both died overseas." I started to explain. "I was only twelve when they were killed and put into my Uncle's custody. He isn't your average weird Uncle or anything like that. He's a monster." I begin.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"He kills people for a living. He tortures them and enjoys every minute of it. Back in when we first met, I right away fell for you. I wanted to be with you so badly. It killed me knowing I couldn't." I began.

"You liked me?" She asks.

"I did." I say as I look at her. "I always have Calista. But I also knew that if I liked you, I knew he would use that against me one day. So I thought the only thing I could do was to make you hate me. So I treated you like shit. It's no excuse and I'm not asking for you to forgive me for that. Everyday after school I would punch holes in the walls of my bedroom because of how disgusted I was with myself for doing those things to you."

"So, are you trying to tell me you bullied me and made my life a living hell because you thought you were protecting from your Uncle hurting me?" She asks.

I hadn't thought of it like that. I guess either way she got hurt.

"It doesn't make any sense, I know. I didn't realize until just now how pathetic and dumb it sounds. But yeah. I've regretted it all this time. I have been looking for you for a long time and felt like shit for all that I did to you back then and hoped we could possibly become friends. Well, more than friends but only if you wanted to." I tell her.

"Wow." She says. "So then, what does any of that have to do with your uncle and you getting hurt?"

"He wanted me to do something that I refused to do. I'm not like him and don't want to be. That's why I never want him to know where we are and to know that you and I are together." I tell her.

Now of course there is more to this than I am telling her such as the fact that her father has asked for money from my Uncle and that is who has been threatening to hurt her.

I don't want her thinking that me doing this for her father is all because I am actually working for my Uncle when that isn't the case at all. But I'm not sure how she'll react not to mention that I will hopefully be able to maybe keep her safe from this mess and hopefully even help her father not get hurt in the process. He was desperate and had no idea in who he was doing business with.

Things went silent after that and then she finally broke it but before saying anything she placed her hand on the side of my face and turned my head to look at her.

"Despite all that you told me, I still want to be with you." She tells me.

I then gently caress the side of her face before we leaned in to give each other a kiss while I ignored the pain from my bottom lip.

A few moments later, we ended up ordering some food since I didn't realize she had made us dinner. But I promised her I would cook us dinner tomorrow night but for tonight we would just order something then of course after dinner, I'd give her some dessert before we go to bed.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)