EPILOGUE: 6 Years Later

CALISTA

Well, we finally did it we ended up freeing ourselves and leaving behind all that we ever knew back in the states and traveled on a boat that his cousin left for us then sailed across the seas towards Italy where we have been happily living with our son who is three years old now.

We have made a lot new friends here and have been able to live with our new identities. We eventually found out through the news that Harvey and I never would have gotten into trouble because the bad guys were already done for.

As soon as I had gotten pregnant, I had him call up the bureau and tell them about what happened with us because I didn't want to be on the run or one day our kids found out we were a part of something bad.

Everything was squared away and now me, our three year old son and my hubby, Harvey, are in a two story beautiful big Villa that overlooks a beautiful length of water and vineyards as we had purchased many acres of land.

We have been through a lot and have also learned a lot ourselves and honestly, it was nice starting our lives all over again at a place where nobody knew or ever had to know about us and who we used to be.

I have put every bad thing that ever happened in the past and have moved on from it all.

Here, I have been painting and discovered that I have a niche for painting. So I paint and sell them. Then Harvey has his own business and things are going great.

Today for lunch, we were having a few friends over just as I had finished up making a salad to place on the long table outside, I saw Harvey playing with our son in the chair on a booster seat next to him, making him laugh.

I love seeing them both like that. I especially enjoy hearing babies laugh. They are always so cute.

Once I sat the bowl of salad down, I took a seat at the opposite end of the table from Harvey, we all then held hands and said a prayer before starting to eat.

During the lunch we had all talked and laughed together and overall had a great time like usual.

It was very nice here. In fact, the best way to describe it was that it was just like the pictures you see in the movies and books. The place we live in was built centuries ago and there had been some vines growing on the side of the house along with a little bit at the bottom of the place in the front. However, that just added to the history of it, not to mention that it still looked good.

It seems as though I am more happy than I have ever been and ever thought I'd be.

Once everybody left at the end of the night and I got finished with the dishes, I had gone upstairs, tucked our son in and while Harvey went in after me to tell him a bedtime story, I went into our bedroom to get ready for bed.

After getting underneath the covers, I heard our door quietly close and not a moment too much later, I felt the bedside next to me dip and then Harvey's arm wrap around my waist then a kiss on my neck and shoulder.

I roll onto my back with him looking into my eyes.

"Are you happy?" He smiles.

"Very." I smile back at him.

"Good. Because that's all I have ever wanted." He says.

"Well you did a good job. You're a great father and an amazing husband." I tell him.

"I love you." He tells me.

"I love you too." I smile back at him before he places a gentle kiss onto my lips.

The End