CHAPTER 19: The Necklace

HARVEY

I slowly begin to wake up and feel groggy as I slowly lift my head that feels too heavy to lift and I wince in pain as I feel if in my jaw and other parts on my body.

I soon discover that I'm tied to a chair by rope with my hands behind my back along with my ankles to the legs of the chair also.

When I look over next to me and open my eyes a little more, I can tell that Calista is the same.

Then I begin to smell something...I think it's....it's gasoline?

I start to hear Calista waking up as she moans a little bit and slowly lifts her head and looks up then over at me.

Her mouth is duct taped as is mine and then I hear a heavy metal door open up and notice both my uncle and her father start to walk in. The only thing odd about that is the fact that her father has duct tape over his mouth while his wrists are duct taped behind his back and he's being yanked in by a few of my uncle's men who next toss her father beside me onto the cold concrete floor.

"Well now that we are all here..." My uncle begins. "The fun can begin." He states.

He nods to me and one if his men come over and rip the duct tape from my mouth off real fast causing me to yell in pain.

"FUCK!!" I yell out.

"Now, I have a plane to catch soon, so I expect this transaction of ours here to go rather quickly. However, just in case..." He says and then nods to another guy that comes from out of the darkness I hadn't seen there on the opposite side and stands next to
Calista with a box of matches.

"You fucking asshole! You poured gasoline on her didn't you?" I yelled at him.

"Very good nephew." He mocks me. "But I did. I know how smart you are and what all you would try to pull on me. So, I thought of the only insurance I could use to guarantee you didn't get brave." He smirks.

"What do you want?" I asked. "Whatever it is, you can have it. Just don't hurt her." I plead while fighting back some tears.

"Oh I know." He states. "You see, you were given something that didn't belong to you and I want it." He tells me.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked him feeling genuinely confused.

"Your aunt left it for you. Which was also the reason this fucker came and shot her for." He says with disdain and disgust as he points the gun at her father.

I next hear her scream through the duct tape with tears falling down her face.

Her dad seems to be trying to say something and shaking his head.

"I don't know what the fuck you're talking about." I tell him.

"You sure you want to play that game with me?" He glares.

"I'm not." I tell him but he doesn't believe me and next thing we hear is his gun going off, shooting her father right in the head having him fall down dead with blood coming out from the side of his head. Then she starts screaming and crying again.

"Fuck!" I yell out. "I swear I don't know what the hell you are talking about! She never gave me anything!" I yell at him.

He looks intensely at me and then walks over to me and kneels down in.

"Because you're my nephew, I'll give you a hint and then if you still refuse to know what the hell I'm talking about, you're little girlfriend over there will be lit on fire." He warns.

I try and struggle to break free from the ropes but with no such luck.

"Your aunt had a Cameo Locket. I bought it for her in England for our anniversary one year. Apparently, before she had died, she sent it to your cousin Brock. Who then left it for you. So tell me where it is." He says.

"I swear I don't know. I have never seen it." I tell him honestly.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Such a shame." He says.

He next stands up and nods to his guy who then lights a match and I start yelling as she's screaming and crying real bad.

The guy gets closer to her and right before he gets close enough, I yell out the only place I can think of it being at, IF my cousin did leave it behind to give to me.

"Wait! There's an envelope in my bag, in the car. He left us some money and passports. But that was it. If he really did leave it for me then that's the only place it would be at." I tell him while I feel tears rolling down my face as I see a terrified Calista looking at me.

He motions with the snap of his fingers towards a couple of his men to go out towards the car and to grab it real fast and check to see if it's there.

I am praying and hoping that it is in there because if not, we are fucked.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)