DayLight (2) Re-Edited

Savannah's P.O.V.

"I'm late, I'm late." Quickly getting Ray out of the car I rush into Granny's house dropping her off not before giving her a kiss. "I'm late, bye Granny I will come around 6:30 to pick her up."

"Be careful."

Awesome, I already have started my day horribly, Mr. Emerson is going to be so mad at me. Rayna was being a pain in the ass, the shower door got hammed, and literally everything that could have gone wrong went wrong this morning.  Rushing into the elevator, I looked like a mess stepping onto the fifth floor I was ready to get yelled at "Ms. Miller, nice of you to join us."

"I-I am sorry Mr. Emerson, I just"

"The baby excuse will not work every time Savannah. It's almost been a year since you began to work here you should have a schedule by now."

" Sorry, Sir"

" Right, now get to work."Emerson wasn't all that horrible; he noticed my positive traits and ignored the fact that I was a young single mom. He hired me, paid me well, and soon after, gave me a job ranking second that allowed me to see every meeting before the company went into merger. I was beneath him, like his right hand.

Looking over the mergers one caught my eye King Industries. Who was running it? I'm here, Dad's always drunk and Mom's gone. Who was running it?

Confused I got up and walked over to Mr. Emerson's office. "May I come in?"

" Yes, of course, Savannah"

Putting the file down in front of him I ask "Who's running the King industry?"

Shocked he looked up at me "Why?"

"Because 25% of its shares are in charity and the other 75% was left there to rot. So who's running the company?"

Sighing, he put down his pen, "This merger is very important and you pointing fingers at it might hurt it. Whoever is running the company now is running it very well. Why is it bothering you?"

Clenching my jaw, "Fine Sir"

Storming back into my office, I roughly drop the file on my desk and call Ellie, she'll know, "Hey, Annah,"

" Hey Ellie,"

" How are you and Ray? I told Ellie about Rayna as soon as I found out. I trusted her, even after everything that happened. 

"Good, you?" I ask,

"Good, so what's up"

" I had a really important question, who's running King Industries?"

"King industries?"

"Yeah."

I heard her typing on her computer, probably at UMDA, " Your Dad."

My breath hitched "Dad? But how could that be? He was always drunk and-"

"He cleaned up a month after you left and took control of the company. Right now he's trying to put out a merger with Day Light Industries. He's trying to get back the other 25% out of charity with the help of Blake Emerson."

I didn't say anything for a while, " Hello? Annah are you still there? Why did you want to know?"

" Yeah, I'm still here. I work at DayLight remember? That's how I found out."

" Are you okay?" I was far from okay.

"Yeah, I am. I needed to get back to work. Thank you, Ellie, come visit soon again, Rayna misses you."

She chuckled, "I miss her too. Bye"

King Industries and Daylight Industries. My past and my present together, I never thought that they would come together like this.

Cage's P. O. V

"Ellie, I asked you for the details almost an hour ago, what have you been doing?"

I heard her sigh, "I have them right here, I was just about to send them to you. I was just busy talking to Annah."

"Ellie, Dad has told you to stop talking to her so many times-"

"And each time I say I am not going to. She may have been a mission to both of you, but to me, she's like a sister. So deal with it. The details are almost sent through Bye."

She didn't let me get a word in cutting the phone on me, leaving the dial tone ringing in my ear, Sighing I ended the call too, and opened the email she sent me;

Merger Details;

Levi Industries and Daylight Industries

Offer: 10% in shares given

15% of shares wanted

Resources are Money, Company Names, and Branches

Trying to bump out King Industries Merger Details;

Offer; 15% shares given

20% of shares wanted

Resources are none, dependent on Daylight Industries

Meeting Set Up For Tomorrow at 11:30 am with Blake Emerson.

After tossing my phone onto my bed, I head out to my balcony to take in the clean New York air. In just a short while, I'll be able to confront the man who ruined my life. It turned me into the monster I am now, and the only person who doesn't look at me with disgust is Dove. She is aware that my actions are motivated by desperation and a strong work ethic. Dove has to go on one last mission before we get married, so she can't be here with me. Since her entire family is crooked and has a history of hurting people, I truly don't love her the way I did Savannah. That bitch doesn't deserve love. She just got a taste of it, now it was her grandpa's turn.

My phone rang again snapping me out of my thoughts, "Hey, Dad,"

"Hey Cage, did you get the details." No, how are you, no, I miss you.

"Yeah, Dad I'm fine," I say sarcastically into the phone

"Cage, did you get the details?"

"Yes, I did and I understand everything."

"Good and I know you think I don't care about you but I do. You are all I have left other than your grandma who I told you to go visit a week ago."

Rolling my eyes at him "Go, Cage, she's excited and wants to see you."

"Fine, I'll go right now."

"Good, and I'll know if you lie because I can check in on you by calling Esther."

Ester Zander, my mom's mom, she's a lovely person but just too over touchy. She's all dad and I have left ever since... Anyway, I was just delaying to go meet her but now I have to.

"Okay, bye Dad."

"Bye, good luck."

Grabbing my keys, phone, and wallet I'm out the door.