DayLight (22) Re-Edited

Savannah's P.O.V

I slammed my laptop down and scratched my head, realizing that consuming so much alcohol the night before had left me with a terrible hangover. I was late getting Ray up from Granny's because fucking Theo left me there at the ball by myself. I had to be at the office at seven in the morning, so I didn't get any sleep in the four hours I had to get some rest. I arrived home at three. I've suffered insomnia for the past two if not three, years. Some nights I sleep amazingly, and other times, like last night, I can't even get a wink in. "You have a hangover too?"

"Get the hell out of my office Theo." I spat at him angrily

"Excuse me?"

"I said get out of my office."

"Woah, you are not a nice person when you have a hangover." He said sitting down in the chair in front of me, putting a cup of coffee down on the desk and sliding it over to me.

"A coffee isn't going to fix what you did last night. How could you just leave me there?"

"Look, I thought you already left because Dove told me not to worry about you."

"Who would I leave with? Tell me. I came with you then you ditched me, then you left me all alone there." I said throwing my hands up in the air

"Are you jealous?"

"I am not jealous! I am mad Theo."

He got up abruptly and began pacing around the room, "Look I'm sorry okay? I had a lot to drink and I wasn't thinking clearly. So when Dove said not to worry about you took a cab and went home."

"That's the point Theo who was I supposedd to come home with then if Dove said not to worry about me."

"I don't know! I told you I had a lot to drink everything is a blur."

He was hiding something, I know it.

"Theo..." I said warningly

"Look please, just I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

Raising an eyebrow at him, I decide to drop it, I'll get it out of him some other way. As a peace offering, I took a sip of the coffee he brought me, bringing a smile to his face "Thank you Annah."

"Just don't do that again, and we're good."

"Don't do what again?" The smile dropped from my face, him again.

"Nothing important Cage. I will take your leave now. See you at lunch?"

"Yeah," I sigh reopening my laptop and sipping at my coffee.

"Is that his hangover cure?"

I close my eyes, "My hangover will just get worse the more you talk."

"Really? It wasn't getting worse when he was talking to you." Is that jealousy I hear in his voice?

"Because he is my boyfriend and his voice doesn't annoy me like yours."

"Fake boyfriend. Don't catch feelings for him Savannah, won't work well when he's rotting in jail." I open my eyes quickly looking up at him

"Jail?"

"He's assisting King, which is also a crime." Cage said leaning on the desk in front of me "Which means he's going to go to jail with King."

"But he wasn't a part of any of the murders, he just trying to-"

"Trying to what?"

"Trying to..." I stopped, I actually didn't know what he was trying to do. Theo didn't seem like a bad guy so why was he helping Papa? "Just I don't think you should arrest him, he is a good guy."

"Being a good guy doesn't mean anything. The day you can continue your sentence after trying to... that's the day I'll think about not arresting him."

I glare at him, "Being a good guy means a lot, Cage."

"Being a good guy doesn't get you anywhere."

My headache was getting worse talking to him "Yeah? So being an asshole does?"

"Nothing that I have to tell you about."

"I'm okay with that too."

"I didn't come in here to argue with you, I came to give you some aspirin for your hangover and lemonade."

"No thank you, the coffee is working fine." No, it wasn't.

"I know it isn't working Savannah just take the damn thing."

I look up wincing a bit, "You talking to me, is making it worse so do me a favor and shut up."

"I am just trying to help you."

I got up quickly walked over to him and grabbed the pill drinking it down with the lemonade he brought for me "Thank you."

He looked at me surprised a little, "Your welcome."

My headache died down as soon as the pill went down my throat, I am never drinking again.We worked in silence for a couple of hours until Theo popped his head through the office door saying that it was 12:30 pm. I honestly wanted to tell him to buzz off because I wasn't hungry at all but him being him he pulled me out of the office into the cafeteria "Theo let go of my arm."

"I needed to talk to you about the plan for next week."

"What plan?"

"I got a huge tip from Dove last night, she said that the Dimond will be in Los Vegas next week so I thought we could go there have some fun, and get our hands on the Diamond."

"Los Vegas? Theo, I can't go, I can't leave Ray alone for that long."

"We will take her with us! I'll hire a nanny and she'll take care of her while we are in the club."

I shook my head frantically, "Theo that is not possible please."

"Come on learn how to have fun. I don't think I have ever seen you smile Annah other than when you're with Ray. There's a life outside of work, and mom life you know."

"Theo... I don't trust anyone around Ray, and I don't want to know what's happening in the outside world okay? I explored it once and got hurt very badly."

He sighed, "But there's one thing I don't understand why are you working for my grandpa, I mean you don't seem like a bad guy Theo. Is he threatening you or...?"

"How about we make a deal."

"A deal? That's not the answer to my question?"

"You go to Vegas with me and I will give you the answer to that question."

I raise my eyebrow at him while popping a fry in my mouth "Deal, but you don't need the Nanny. I will just ask Granny if she can take care of her for... How many days are we going for?"

"Two." He said smiling and relaxing in his seat.

"Right, I will ask her to take care of her for two days. Actually, a day and a half, once your mission thing is done we will come home right away."

"Deal."

"Deal." This way I can stop Cage from arresting him, I know in my heart that Theo isn't bad, he's being forced to help Papa, but what is he using against him is the question.

Vegas, here I come.

Theo's P.O.V

"King I have her convinced to come to Vegas, you can meet her there."

"Good, make sure she doesn't bring Ray with her, otherwise it will cause a bunch of complications."

"Yes, King."

Taking Annah to Vegas is the only choice I have if she sees King alive then maybe she'll help me get the Diamond. I need her to get the Diamond for me, she's the least expected suspect, Annah will do it next week if she doesn't want the secret out.

Authors Note: Since it is Christmas today I thought it would be reasonable to post two chapters today. Thank you for reading my book, love you guys. Merry Christmas