Chapter 3

[12/21/2015]

Chp. 3

~*~*~*~

[Iris]

"Yugi. I heard from grandpa that your school is holding their school festival within the week. Is it true?" I asked my cousin as he finished his breakfast. I hadn't had the stomach for a full meal so I settled for a ham and cheese sandwich with coffee. I was currently typing a program my laptop.

"Yup. Our class will only have today and tomorrow to finish our stall. Ours is a Carnival game stall." He replied with a big smile on his face in which in turn made me do the same.

"That's good, Yugi."

As he got up from his seat to dispose of the used dishes in the sink that I'll be washing later, he added. "I might come home a bit late. Our class is going to finish what we can today."

I paused in typing to adjust my glasses. "Sure. But I'll be coming to pick you up later by five or five thirty. Is that alright with you?"

He nodded. "Yeah, it's fine. I already know grandpa will have you doing it regardless." He chuckled before grabbing his bag.

"I'll be going now." Yugi said as he went off.

"Be careful." I and grandpa called back as my cousin as he left.

It was fairly quiet once Yugi was gone. The only noise that can be heard was from the shop and the keyboards being pressed. The shop was already receiving its first customers as my hands kept going in typing the program.

Typing the last few codes I sighed as I moved the mouse to save my work in my device and portable memory cache. Once done I shut down my laptop and stretched before getting up to wash the used dishes we had all used for breakfast. After that was done I picked up my things and headed up to my room.

Once inside I was met by a little flying ball of brown fluff that glued itself to my face with a very happy coo.

I couldn't help but chuckle. "Hello to you too, Kuriboh."

Kuriboh cooed again before removing himself from my face. "I see that you are all awake." I commented as I placed my things on my work desk.

"Good morning, High Priestess." Heart greeted me with the title I used to have.

"Good morning, Heart. But please, I really don't need to be called that anymore." I said as I fixed my appearance. I had places to go and check.

Heart gasped as she realized her mistake. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright, Heart. No harm done. Just...refrain from using it, alright?" I gave a wry smile as I patted her head since she was floating next to me in front of my full length mirror.

"Going out, boss?" Blue Eyes asked as he floated right past me as I picked out my clothes from my trolley bag, since I have yet to unpack.

"Yes, Blue. I'm going to inspect the city for any signs of Shadow activity or hopefully find the door leading to the Shadow Realm." I replied as I began to change.

"But you just arrived the other day. Are you not tired?" Dark Magician spoke up with concern in his tone as he helped me tie the ribbon sash of my shirt blouse into a bow with help from Heart.

I gave out a sigh. "I am but no one else is going to do it. Shajid is at the other side of the globe, Casisi is also in the same situation. And I haven't heard from Kasim, Turok, Edva and Catherine in the last three months."

Blue Eyes scrunched his face. "I just wish we can help. It's really ticking me off why we can't." he grouched.

I smiled at that. This is one of the many times they've said that they wish to help me. I would gladly let them, don't get me wrong. But over the centuries my powers have been restricted to a certain degree. I can still level a large amount of area if I can but before I can do the most impossible thing the human mind can think of. Hey, that's what you get from learning different magic in all parts of the world over the last three millennia. That's why these plushies are moving around my room as fixed myself. If I had my full powers they would be real instead of being partially living. But they're content with that.