Chapter 8

A/N: Hello, everyone. 2020 has been difficult but I am alright and so is my family. I now have enough motivation to type the rest of the story and the others I have that have been on hiatus since the start od the year. But note, I will now be posting once a month for each of my fan stories. Twice if I feel motivated enough. All I ask now is that you be patient and stick with me through this journey. Now please, enjoy the chapter.

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! Nor claim it's plot or characters as my own. This story is non-profit and is purely fan-made. I only own Iris and any other characters that were not in the show or manga.

Chapter 8

Monday had come once again. Iris was the first to wake in the Mutou household to prepare the morning meal before moving to start the laundry that did not join the rest over the weekend. While the washing machine did its purpose, she then returned to the kitchen to prepare and pack her cousins bento. She would have made another for Jonouchi, but she felt that the lad was too headstrong and was not the type to owe anyone multiple favours. Speaking of Yugi's friends, during the popularity contest some interesting events happened. Jonouchi embarrassing himself on stage, the sabotage that nearly ruined Anzu's performance, Miho and Anzu's swimwear ripped to shreds, to the red-headed Kaoruko, who suddenly dumped a bucket of water over herself on stage in front of the whole student body. No doubt Pharaoh had a hand in it somehow.

Once seeing Yugi off Iris helped her grandfather with the shop. Apparently, he had received new deliveries over the weekend, thus helped him with the inventory check and display the new games as per her grandfather's instruction.

"Iris, take a look at this!" Sugoroku called her, thus turned her head towards his direction. He was holding something in his hands, a grin on his face. Iris raised a brow, confused to what the old man was up to until he fully showed her the item.

"Is that a Harpy Lady costume?"

Her grandfather nodded, his grin grew wider. "It's one of the few other Duel Monster costumes that arrived from Industrial Illusions. Halloween will be in a couple of months, I thought I'd stock up on them in advance."

Iris couldn't help but show an awkward smile. She had completely forgotten that her last employer manufactured those. It goes to show just how eccentric he is. "Way to prepare, Jii-chan."

Sugoroku's chest warmed at the complement his granddaughter gave him. The two of them then returned to stocking the shop and tending to customers until noon time. There were also a couple of boys flirting with Iris when she was managing the counter. And let's just say they received the smack on their rear-ends for their crass behaviour. But when time came towards early afternoon, Sugoroku was struck with an idea.

"Iris, I've been thinking." The tone her Jii-chan had made her feel weary all of a sudden.

"Yes?" she urged despite her unease as she paused in wiping the counter.

The senior fiddled his thumbs as he has the decency to look ashamed. "Would you mind, if it's not too much trouble, could possibly advertise some of the costumes?"

Iris stared at her grandfather for a long while, but as he started squirm under her gaze, she gave him an incredulous look. "What brought this up? Truthfully I don't mind, but you have to give me a reason."

"If I were to say that it is to boost our stores sales and that I missed seeing my granddaughter to wear cute costumes and be the shops mascot, would you even mind?" Well she did ask for a reason. But that,

"Jii-chan, that was a poor excuse of a reason. And what do you even mean by that? I wore costumes, too. And so does Yugi."

"True, but you completely stopped doing so when you turned nine years old. I haven't seen you wearing any since." Sugoroku kept on insisting. Iris flushed on that accusation.