With This Ring I Thee Feel

Things were quiet around the tower for the next few days as everyone tried to pretend a bombshell hadn't gone off. Nightwing spent the days keeping his team tight and arranging the press conference. Cyborg had holed up in his room. Bumble Bee had taken to bringing him meals because he wouldn't come out.

She and Starfire stayed away from Raven as they internalized their disappointment while Jinx and Terra were there for the empath by letting her be alone.

Kid Flash was the one playing with the kids all day as their parents were in the winds while Changeling bugged Raven to death.

"Raven! Raven! Unlock the door, Rae!" Changeling banged on her door.

Raven wished they had normal doors so she could snatch open and slam shut the door at whim. "What?!"

"Hi." He smiled.

She could wring his neck. "You made all that commotion just to say hi?!"

"I just wanted to see how you were doing." He said simply. "You told me about that morning sickness stuff. I looked it up online and it's some pretty gnarly stuff so I brought you some stuff. To help and all."

Her heart melted. "Thank you, Changeling- Gar."

"I got ginger ale, soda crackers and peppermints." He held up the tray.

"Changeling? This is iced tea, Graham crackers and candy canes." She lifted a brow.

"Okay, we didn't have that stuff so I thought you could pretend."

She smiled briefly. "I still thank you. Come in." She sidestepped so he could enter.

He went and sat on her bed. "What were you doing? Before I got here?"

"Meditating. Before Cyborg finishes whatever he's working on, I'll still need to do so."

He handed her the glass of green tea. "Hopefully whatever he makes, works. I don't want you to have to go through extreme mood-swings if you don't have to."

She drank from the glass. "What kind of Graham crackers are these?"

"Cinnamon."

She liked the cinnamon better than the honey. "Thank you."

He broke a sheet into fours and held them out to her. She took them one at a time until they were finished then took a draught from her glass. "Do you want me to open a candy cane?"

"Yes, please." She could never open those things without the cellophane sticking to her!

He set the package of crackers down so he could fight with the candy cane but he emerged victorious! He held out his opponent. "Here you go."

She stuck the long end in her mouth. "Where's Charlotte?"

"Playing with Kid."

"What are we going to tell her? I'm sure she's going to notice us showing up with a baby."

He leaned back on his elbows. "I don't know. I'm an only child. I never had to go through this."

"I am the only child of my mother." Raven inclined her head. "I don't know how much she'll understand."

"We should just sit her down and tell her then."

"When?"

"When's that conference? That should give us a couple days."

She smirked. "Alright. We'll tell her after the press conference."

*•*•*•*•*