Large Company at Home

"I am starving," Lukas said, patting his firm stomach. We had played cards waiting for the vampires and decided to make dinner once they got home.

"This guy eats a lot!" Ana-Maria pointed out. Her Romanian accent was thick and very cute and petite. It was what I wished mine would sound like if I was Romanian.

I threw my cards down. "Let's all go to the store. Lukas, I do not have enough food to feed you for a day in this apartment." We all laughed.

"Oh, Maggy," Lukas stood up and began reaching into the pocket of his jeans. "This is for you. Room and board." He handed me a wad of money and I didn't care to count it. I held it as close up to his face as I could get and waved it around. "This will be your food money." He chuckled. We hopped into my car and drove to the grocery store.

"We need these," Lukas placed more and more meat into the cart. I was afraid someone would think we were trying to catch a werewolf.

"I love your stores a lot more than the ones back at home." Ana-Maria admitted. We got a lot of jugs of milk and enough ingredients to feed eight people for any meal. We had two shopping carts by the end of an hour.

"Maggy?" I turned to find Steve with his own shopping basket of four items. "Haha, what are you buying?"

"Hi Steve!" Lukas looked down at the man and Steve just stared in awe. "Oh, this is Lukas, the young man that Alex—Carmichael had mentioned last week at the hot pots. The one looking after the castle."

"Oh, he wasn't wrong in describing you ... big. Wait, are you and Carmichael still seeing each other?"

"They're practically married, man." Lukas added. Steve shook his head.

"I didn't know you guys were that serious,"

"We're not! I mean—I'll tell you the truth Steve." The cashier finished ringing our items up. "I actually knew Carmichael back in Romania."

"Wait, really? You didn't say anything before,"

"We hadn't recognized each other. And Lukas here, I also knew him."

"Oh," Steve seemed really disappointed.

As we walked back to the car Lukas spoke. "Who's the puny guy?"

"Lukas thinks every guy is puny. All but Alex and Tavian because they are stronger than him." Ana-Maria said.

"His name is Steve. He's just someone I work with."

"He likes you," The werewolf said with a smirk.

"Why are you able to see so easily if a guy likes me or not?"

"Sweetie, I could tell that Steve likes you." Ana-Maria added. The couple laughed.

We got home and Alexandru and I ran into each other's arms. I loved it whenever he walked or ran to me and didn't use his time freezing abilities.

"You guys are so cute," Ana-Maria said, wrapping her arm around her husband. Octavian rolled his eyes with his arms folded.

"These two can't keep their hands off each other or stop flirting around me."

"Maybe you should call your girlfriend back." I said defiantly.

"Ooo!" Alexandru teasingly provoked. I looked up at my boyfriend and he leaned down for me to kiss his cheek. He's much more open and outgoing. Unlike he was when I first met him. He kissed my cheek and said, "Let me help you with the groceries." Within seconds, all of the grocery bags were either on the counter or the floor of the kitchen.