Creepy Collections

3rd Person POV

"Okay, this isn't creepy at all." Rocket mumbled as he, Groot, JJ, Peter, and Gamora had followed the Collector's representative into a large building that was filled with cages and containment areas, each housing various species of extraterrestrial life.

"This is so creepy..." JJ shuddered at how many cages there were in one building, all with woefully distressed creatures inside.

"We house the galaxy's largest collection of fauna, relics, and species of all manner." Carina told then and, in one cage, a dog wearing a space suit complete with a helmet growled at Rocket and he growled back before JJ nudged the latter to move along.

"I present to you, Taneleer Tivan, The Collector." Carina swept her arms in a dramatic manner to a man with white, frizzy hair, in all black under a furry, white cloak that was draped over his shoulders and wearing multi-layered spectacles.

"Oh, my dear Gamora. How wonderful to meet in the flesh." The Collector took off his spectacles and gave Gamora's hand a kiss.

"Let's bypass the formalities, Tivan. We have what we discussed." Gamora tried to get down to business until he got distracted by Groot and approached him slowly.

"What is that thing there?"

"I am Groot."

"I never thought I'd meet a Groot. Sir... You must allow me to pay you now so that I may own your carcass. At the moment of your death, of course."

"I am Groot."

"Why, so he could turn you into a frickin' chair?" Rocket scoffed and JJ just looked at him in disbelief.

"That's your pet?" The Collector asked Groot as he motioned to Rocket with his head.

"His what?" Rocket growled as he began to pull out his gun.

"Don't, or we might not get paid." JJ tried to quietly warn him, which diverted the Collector's attention away from Rocket to her.

"Ah, one of the last of the Chrysinthean species, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. You are quite the rare specimen yourself." The Collector put a hand out to her, but she stepped away as Rocket was about to pull his gun out, again.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you..." JJ threatened menacingly letting a few sparks crackle above her fists. Tivan just chuckled, amused, before Gamora stepped forward to direct the conversation back on track with,

"Tivan. We have been halfway around the galaxy, retrieving this Orb."

"Very well, then. Let us see what you brought." They looked over at Peter took the Orb out of his bag, only to drop it and pick it back up quickly as JJ silently face-palmed at his idiocy, again.

"Oh, my new friends." The Collector started dramatically as he placed the Orb in a machine that started opening it by twisting it around in different directions, "Before creation itself, there were six singularities. Then the universe exploded into existence, and the remnants of these systems were forged into concentrated ingots. Infinity Stones."

Images of the six stones: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple came floating out around them in holograms, evident when Groot tried to "touch" the Space Stone,

"These stones, it seems, can only be brandished by beings of extraordinary strength. Observe."

Another image of a giant carrying an infinity stone in a staff was seen thudding it to the ground wiping everyone and everything away into purple ashes all across the planet, "These carriers can use the Stone to mow down entire civilizations like wheat in a field."