Stupid Names

3rd Person POV

After being taken back aboard the Eclector, the Ravagers who sided with having a new leader began ejecting those loyal to Yondu out the airlock into the vacuum of space. Yondu had been bound to a chair, forced to watch as countless Ravagers pleaded and begged for their captain to help them.

A little ways past Yondu, Groot was being held in a small cage that was suspended from the ceiling while Rocket and JJ were both tied back to back in chairs and Gora was being restrained with a ridiculous amount of chain to prevent her from using her spines to pick the lock and a muzzle from trying to bite the Ravagers who chained her up.

Another doomed Ravager was being dragged to the airlock when the self-declared new leader came up to Yondu and yelled in his face while grabbing the side of his head,

"You're the one what killed those men by leading 'em down the wrong path. Because you're weak."

Punctuating each sentence with a punch to his head, the rest of the followers roared with bloodlust at each blow of their former leader's head.

"And stupid."

"It's time for the Ravagers to once again rise to glory with a new cap'n... Taserface."

Every Ravager cheered raucously as Taserface raised his arms in a victorious pose until a loud snickering silenced everyone else, revealing the snickering pair to be Rocket and JJ,

"I'm sorry. Your name is... it's 'Taserface'?" Rocket asked.

"That's right." Taserface replied

"What you shoot tasers out of your face or somethin'?" JJ questioned skeptically.

"It's metaphorical!" Taserface shouts earning another cheer from his followers.

"For what?" Rocket asked when the cheering died back down.

"For... It is a name that strikes fear into the hearts of anyone what hears it!"

At that, everyone half-heartedly agreed and muttered things like 'Ok' before Rocket spoke doubtfully,

"Oookaaay."

"You shut up! You're next!" Taserface directed to Rocket before facing Yondu again and beginning his speech,

"Udonta, I been waiting to do this for a long time-"

Before he was interrupted by more snickering, mainly from Rocket this time and Taserface yelled,

"What?!"

Rocket struggling to speak through the amount of chuckling he was doing before he told him,

"I'm sorry, I am so sorry. I just keep imagining you waking up one morning, looking in the mirror, and, in all seriousness, saying to yourself You know what would be a really kickass name? Taserface!' That's how I hear you in my head!"

Rocket and JJ laughed out loud as the others were struggling to contain their laughter before Rocket continued his mockery with,

"What was your second choice?! Scrotum Hat?!"

Causing everyone to burst out laughing, even Groot and Gora in their imprisonment managed to crack up at that until it was cut off with Taserface getting right in Rocket's face with his knife by his throat and yelling,

"New plan. We're killing you first."

"Well, dying is certainly better than having to live an entire life as a moronic sh*tbag who thinks 'Taserface' is a cool name." Rocket deadpanned earning a snarl from Taserface before Nebula cut him off with,

"That's enough killing for today."

Taserface hesitating to back away until Nebula lifted herself off the wall she had been leaning against in a quick motion and making her way over to him as he spoke irritated,

"Thought you were the biggest sadist in the galaxy."

"That was when Daddy was paying my bills. The Priestess wants to kill the fox, cat, and child herself. Especially the cat and child." Nebula paused a moment to glare at JJ and Gora with a dead expression before motioning to Yondu,

"And he has bounties on his head in at least twelve Kree provinces".

Taserface advances toward her in a motion that would've led to an attack, prompting Nebula to add,

"I assure you, I am not as easy mark as an old man without his magic stick or a talking woodland beast."

Taserface finally backing down before she added,

"I want 10% of the take... and a couple more things."

More snarls catching their attention as JJ was twitching around in her seat and bucking around like an untamed animal before her head lifted up and her eyes blanked out again and more glowing liquid was dripping from the corner of her mouth.

"Frenzy!" Rocket yelled before ducking his head down as JJ burst out of her restraints like they were nothing and jumped to the wall to crawl up to the ceiling like a spider as the other Ravagers readied and aimed their weapons at her, Gora struggling in her restraints to get to her charge.

"Take it down!" Taserface ordered before an orb was chucked to JJ and the explosion it emitted made her screech and fall to the ground clutching her sides with heavy breaths and a pained expression in her blank, glowing eyes. Everyone looked to see that Nebula was the one to throw the bomb with a steeled expression on her face.

"Throw the prisoners into the cell!" As soon as the order was given, Yondu, Rocket, Groot, and Gora were all dragged away and some move to immobilize JJ with insulating cuffs before Nebula stopped them with,

"I need a moment with her."

The Ravagers were too scared of her to argue and soon the two of them were alone in the room with JJ still in Frenzy-mode but weakened as she lay on the ground still breathing heavily.

"You should know I will enjoy hearing of your demise at the hands of that priestess." Nebula spoke while slamming the cuffs around JJ's wrists and she only struggled minimally before Nebula continued in a half-hearted tone, "I suppose you and I are alike in the sense that we were modified to become weapons of mass destruction meant to carry out the orders of our creators... but that isn't the only thing we share... Gamora was all I had all that time training with our father..." Nebula's voice started to take on an angry tone as she spoke, "Then she left with you and the band of idiots she calls her friends and I was all alone... and there you were replacing me... after I've killed her, it won't be long before you are eliminated as well..."

Nebula stood up and turned before saying to JJ as she began to pass out from exhaustion,

"And we will be sisters no longer..."

1040 Words