Chapter 3

"You'll be provided of an office instead of a cell. And do me a favor, stay in it." I heard Ross telling my boyfriend, Sam and the dude in a cat suit as Nat and I were walking towards them. You see, while I was travelling to Berlin, I was following the unfolding of the news only to see Steve and Sam doing precisely what I told them not to: everything that can be considered stupid.
"I'm not intending on going anywhere." T'Challa told him. My worried and pissed gaze instantly fell at Steve and so did his.
"For the record. This is what doing something stupid looks like." I told him.
"He's alive." Steve answered. We walked into the office and find my brother, who talking on the phone.
"The remaining of us are now at court-sec. And, Colonel Ross is supervising the clean up. "
"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Nat told him.
"Consequences? You bet there will be consequences."Tony said while his furious gaze fell on his teammates. "Obviously you can quote me on that because I just said it. Anything else? Thank you sir." He said hanging up and coming towards us.
"Consequences?" Steve asked.
"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. Had to give him something." He answered him.
"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Cap realized. Well, that's what you get for going rogue Steve.
"Technically it's the government's property." Nat answered walking away with Tony.
"Wings too." Tony added.
"That's cold." Sam said.
"Warmer than jail." I answered sassily as I followed my brother and the others to the control room, leaving the behind me.

Despite arguing for several minutes, I conviced my brother and Ross to allow me to get into Steve's cage-office. As I entered, he was looking at the television screen there was in his cell, showing Bucky getting ready to be questioned. His eyes shifted to me once he realized I was there.

"Do you have any idea what you've done?" I asked, trying to turn all of his attention to me.

"I did what I had to." He told me blankly, to which I sighed. I walked past him and sat down on one of the chairs surrounding the table.

"You know I wouldn't care if you weren't important to me." I spoke softly, resting my hand on my head in order to support it. I felt Steve getting the chair next to me and sitting down.

"Alice, you know I'd do anything for you. But Bucky, he was there from when I remember myself. I owe it to him." He confessed, taking my hand off my face and in his, so that I could look at him.

"He wouldn't want that if it put you in harm's way." I argue.

"Well that's what friends are for." he told me with a look full of affection. I looked down and sighed.

"You can still help him. If you sign these damn Accords he will be provided with all the help he needs and will not be imprisoned for God knows how long in an African country." I proposed, pleadingly. He looked down on the floor, thinking about how to respond.  "Think about it Steve. I love you too much to see Bucky dragging you down with him." I let go off his hand, taking one last pleading look at him, and made my way outside.

"Hello, Mr. Barnes. I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you. Do you mind if I sit?" The interrogation had started. I was standing in between Nat and Tony, listening to it along with the others. Tony sensed I was upset and put his hand around my shoulders, an action we did from when we were children, to show that we're here for one another. That gesture made me relaxed a little. "Your first name is James?" Bucky did not respond. "I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask a few questions. Do you know where you are James?" No response. " I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James."

"My name is Bucky." He finally says, making my expression harden.

"Tell me Bucky, you've seen a great deal, haven't you?"

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"You fear that, if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop. Don't worry. We only have to talk about one." The interrogator says making me tense up. Suddenly, all the screens and lights in this rooms blacked out. I shared a look of worry with Tony and turned around to check on Steve, seeing his gaze already on me.