Chapter 3

On Monday, I headed to the doctors office and met Rachel outside. "Hey there"

"Hi." She said back to me.

"Good to see you too." We walked inside and they put us back in the same little room. I couldn't sit there in silence much longer, I had to say something. "So," I started, but was interrupted.

"Are you excited to see what the babies will be?" She asked me, gesturing towards her stomach, looking quite confused.

"Obviously! I can't wait to have my babies in my arms!"

"I can't wait to have these things out of me. I am already finding ways to keep my body looking as good as I can get it."

I just couldn't believe she was growing these sweet babies inside of her and didn't feel any emotional attachment towards them. "Well, I'll be glad when they're out of you, too; I just want to bring them home." I didn't know what to say. It was the only think I could think of that wasn't as mean as 'I can't wait until they're out of you so they can have someone who loves them.' So, I just went with that. 

I heard a knock on the door, and in came Dr. Hitchlet. "Hello there, you two. How are you, Rachel?"

"Pretty good, a little tired, and I feel like an elephant, but not bad considering." Rachel said, rubbing her belly. 

"That's good!" Dr. Hitchlet said to her, "and how are you, Greg?" She asked politely, while slowly closing the door.

"I'm doing good, and you?" I replied, trying not to make this about me.

"I'm good, thanks." She said. Turning around and facing Rachel. "So, let's take a look at these babies. Greg, get over here!" She waved me over, so I got up and walked towards the bed. 

Everything was silent for a minute. "Well," Dr. Hitchlet started, "I see a boy, and I see a girl." 

"Wow," I muttered. "This is going to be great!" 

After the appointment, I called Mark right away. "Man! It's a boy and a girl!"

"Really? Great! Now, I was thinking.. You will have to decorate their room, I'm thinking green with owls, that way it's kind of gender neutral."

"I can't wait to start shopping tomorrow, these babies will be here before we know it and I have to have their things!"

"I'm coming over, I got something for you."

"Uh, ok." 

Twenty minutes later, Mark showed up at my door with a target bag. He shoved the bag in my face and pushed me aside, walking to the fridge. "Got any Pepsi?"

"Uh, yeah.. On the fridge door, right there on the bottom." I pointed. "Now, what's in this?"

"Well, if you really wanted to know you could always... I don't know.. look!"

"Fine." I said, and sat down on the sofa and looked in the bag. Inside , I saw two outfits, a newborn sized boys outfit and a newborn sized girls outfit. 

"They were yours and Samantha's from when you were babies. She kept them all this time."

"You're the best." 

"There's more in the bottom, look!" I looked, and in the bottom of the bag, a bunch of condoms. I grabbed a handful and threw them at him. 

"Too late for that one, bud. I've already got the babies on the way. Condoms can't help me now."

"I'm pretty sure they can, actually. You don't want three kids, do you?"

"No, but I also don't have a girlfriend."

"You didn't before, either." He said and laughed. Throwing the condoms back at me.

"No, but I'm past that. I need to be here for these kids."

"You've even changed since five months ago. I like the new you, I think."

"You think?" I yelled at him. "I definitely have, you ass!"

We both started laughing. "Hey, can I crash here tonight? My roommate has his girlfriend over and they're fighting."

"Again?" I asked him, shocked that she was even there. Last time they broke up, she lit their sofa on fire.

"Yeah. They're back together for now, I guess."

"Yeah, you can crash here." 

"Thanks man."

"No problem. I'm going to bed, and watching a movie. I'm going to get up around nine so we can go shopping."

"Sounds good." About twenty minutes later, I could hear Mark snoring, apparently the girlfriend was there for a while, because he was more tired than I thought.