Chapter 9

The babies slept great, especially for it being their first night out of the hospital. They had only woken up once through the night, Ava woke up first, and Asher started crying when he heard Ava, so we fed them and the fell right back asleep. They woke back up at five a.m. And we got up that time. We noticed Mark and the kids had relocated to the room that Mark always sleeps in when he stays over.
"we should run to your house now and then we can come back and get them so we can go to Target for everything." I said.
"Good idea." Nadia said. We wrote a note and stuck it to the door of the spare bedroom so Mark would see it.
I went and got the car seats and we put the babies in them, and we headed out.
"I think it's really funny that it took me half an hour to find your place the first time I came here, but it's really only a two minute drive. But then again, I did go off track a bit to go to the gas station."
"A half an hour? Greg? Really?" Nadia said, laughing at me.
"Well, I drove around the block a few times, first."
"That is hilarious." We both laughed.
"I know it is. I was so nervous."
We pulled into her driveway, and we both got out and grabbed the babies. "Can you help me grab a few things?"
"Of course my darlin'." I said, and we sat the babies seats down in the living room. We walked to her bedroom and she pulled a suitcase out of her closet. It was pretty big. She started pulling clothes out of her closet , throwing them on her bed beside her suitcase.
"Can you run across the hall to piper's room and grab the two suitcases from her closet and put them on her bed?" Nadia asked, still pulling things from her closet.
"On it!" I said and walked across the hallway. I went into Piper's room and noticed the window was broken.
I ran out to the living room and grabbed the babies. I brought them into Nadia's room.
"Nad, we have to go, come out to the car now." And I ran out with the babies, I saw Nadia coming behind me.
I put the babies seats in and got in, myself. Nadia got in after me, and I pulled out my phone.
"What's going on?" Nadia asked me, I ignored her and failed 9-1-1. "Why are you calling 9-1-1?"
They answered, and I was out of breath. "Hello." I said, "I need to report a break in." I gave them Nadia's address and hung up.
"A BREAK IN? GREG! WHAT?" Nadia screamed, I pointed over to Piper's window.
"Piper's room." I said. Nadia started crying.
"I hope they didn't take anything. This isn't good Greg. I'm scared." She reached over and grabbed my hand. A cop car pulled up, and I got out of the car. I pointed over to the window. One of the officer ran over to the window, and the other stayed to talk to me. I explained to him what had happened and he said backup was on their way, and they were going to check the rest of the house to make sure no one is still in there.
Five minutes later, there were five cop cars there and they all went in the different doors. They told us to stay in my car, so we did. When they came out, one of them showed me a piece of paper.
He didn't want me to touch it because of finger prints, but I read it. It said :

Nadia
I m getting my kids U cant keep them from me i m there daddy i know u don't luv them like i do i am comin back 2 take them watch ur back

Nadia started crying. I put both of my arms around her and she buried her head in my chest. "I told you." She said, "he is crazy, and I told you he would come back and try to take them."
"He can't have them, baby. You have full custody." I squeezed her tight. "Officer, is there anything you can do?"
"Well," the officer started. "the only thing we can do is try to find him and lock him up. Thats a threat. What's his name? Do you know where he lives?"
"His name is Zach Hudson" Nadia told him. "I have no clue where he lives, he left and I haven't spoke to him since."
"Wait, it's Zach Hudson?" The officer asked Nadia, with a shocked look on his face.
"Yes, why?"
"He's a wanted criminal." The officer explained. "He's one of the top heroin sellers in the eastern United States."
Nadia started sobbing into my chest again. "I can't believe that man is the father of my children." She said.
"I think we should set a trap for him." The officer purposed. "A bunch of us officers set up cameras and we stay in your house over night, he'll think it's you." The officer explained.
"I do think that's a good idea, Nad. This man needs to be caught."
"And if we catch him, since you guys led us to him, there is a cash reward for getting him." He explained, trying to lighten the mood.
"It would be nice, but I just care that my baby and her babies are safe."
"That is very important." He said, "do you have anywhere to stay in the meantime?"
"She can stay with me, she had planned on it, anyway. So she can help with my babies."
"Okay, good. Don't tell anyone where you live. You should actually try to stay hidden for a while, until we find him. I would recommend staying in the house."
"Okay. We can do that."
"We should send an officer to stay, too. Just incase. Is there anyone else going to be there?" He asked.
"Well, my cousin Mark stays with me most of the time, his roommate always fights with his girlfriend, so he tries to stay away. And all four kids will be with us."
"How old are the kids?"
"My babies are six days old, and Nadia has a ten month old son, and a daughter who is almost two."
"Okay, we will have an officer stay with you. I know you can probably keep safe, but just for precautionary measures."
"Sounds good to me." I said.
We hopped back into the car and drove back to my house, followed by a police car. We ended up not going back in to get anything, we decided it would be safer just to stay out.