At Hogwarts

Hermione felt like banging her head against the stone walls of the castle. it was to early in her opinion, and her foul mood had loads to do with what time it was. 

unlike the other slayers, Saturnia did tell Hermione what Dragon Mating Season was, and yes, it did deserve capital letters, it was that big of a pain in the ass.

she sluggishly trudged into the great hall, not caring that she used a little more force than necessary when opening the big wooden doors, resulting in a thunderous bang, gaining the attention of all those present. uncaring of all the stares sent her way, she managed to move her body to the ravenclaw table where her friends (and Mate) sat. despite being a griffindor, she neither cared for, nor followed many rules. she sat wherever she wanted to, thank you.

after dropping into there seat, she placed her head on the table, covering it with her arms. once again, a groan escaped her.

"rough night?" came the questioning gaze of her friend Harry. normally she would answer with a snarky comeback. however, this was not 'normally' and she felt like crap so she didn't answer 'normally'

"Harry, if you know what is good for you, shut up."

Harry's eyebrows rose.

"fuck dragons, fuck life, and fuck magic." hermione cursed.

a silvery blond, with a dreamy look on her face, moved towards Hermione, sitting next to her after the everyone afraid of Hermione evacuated the area. 

Hermione gave an upward tilt of the lips, shuffling a little closer to Luna.

"is the season around again?" The blond inquired. Hermione, once again, buried her face in her arms.

"Yes. and i'm currently regretting all my life choices. 'become a dragon slayer' they said. 'avenge your family' they said. well my body feels like it's on fucking fire, and my head feels like here is a sledgehammer banging against it. fuck this."

"what?", Ellan asked, cocking his head, "what season? and what do you mean 'dragon slayer'"

"be happy you're wand wavers and you don't have to deal with this shit. having dragon slayer magic sucks."

cedric frowned.

"dragon slayer magic?"

Hermione deadpanned.

"it's not my fucking fault you shit heads are so ignorant, you honestly think that you lot are the olny ones that have magic. news flash, assholes, there are a shit tone of different types of magic, and stick waving is only one type. now, if you don't shut the hell up i will rip out your eyeballs and stuff them down your throat." hermione snarled, canines even more visable now that it was mating season. 

she just hoped that her letter got to the guild before any of the other slayers did something drastic because of the season.