hunt begins

back with the mates, everyone was discussing what they should do when the slayers got there. the house they were staying at was on the bigger side, and it was surrounded by miles of forests, making it easier for the mates to hide. freed, gray, and midnight bonded over grumbling about being there, despite the fact that they were not mate candidates. 

(they're right, their not mate candidates, they are the mates. good luck boys)

"so how should we do this?" yukino asked.

"we should partner up when the slayers get here so that you can protect one another from the slayers." Mira suggested. the other's nodded in agreement.

"i can partner up with lucy." Gray said. he received quizzical looks, and huffed in annoyance.

"we are candidates for the same mate, so it would be logical for us to pair up so that we only have Natsu after us, not 2 dragon slayers. besides, i am not Natsu's mate, so i can help her escape him when he comes." Gray explained. the others had an 'oh' expression, before also partnering up with the other candidates for the same mate. in the end, the partners looked like this:

1. Gray & Lucy 

2. Midnight & Kinana

3. Freed and Mira

4. Yukino and Minerva

5. Romeo and Chellia

6. Levy and Lisanna

after that, they split up to do their own thing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

back at the guild:it had already been a month since the start of mating season, and honestly, everyone wanted the damn season to end already. the slayers were getting antsier by the day, and they've almost destroyed the entire guild hall a dozen times already. according to Hermione, mating season lasts 3 months if the mates and the slayers have already met, otherwise it would be a hand full of days. and when the slayers already are together with their mates it will also only last a hand full of days. fortunately, mating season only happens every 12 years, otherwise it would be to much.

anyway, back to the story.

it was the first day of the second month of mating season that things went to shit. it started out just like any other morning in the guild. however, the quiet was ended when rufus came in.

"alright, listen up brats, rufus says that sting is becoming more aggressive towards rogue. we believe they are fighting over mates. we plan to remove rogue from the area at once, please keep an eye on the other brats." Gramps hollered. just then panther lily burst into the guild.

"gajeel isn't at his house! i believe he is heading to wards the slayers!" just then a loud roar was heard. the entire guild hall rushed outside to see Wendy, Natsu, Laxus, and Cobra fly into the sky in the direction of the mates. everyone was quiet for a second. still in shock fro what just happened.

"oh shit" cana muttered into her booze. that seemed to break the guild out of their collective stupor and they immediately began yelling.

"we need to warn the mates!"