Chapter 3

*Chapter Three*

"Lucy." whispered a familiar voice into my ear. "Come on Lucy were nearly there." I once again ignored the voice and resumed my peaceful slumber. Suddenly I was roughly pushed onto the floor groaning. "What was that for you idiot?" I questioned as I stood up, dusting my jeans off as I sat down again. "Lucy you need to get your robes on before we get to Hogwarts." The mention of the wizarding school caught my attention as I finally realised what the voice was saying. "Oh." I replied, earning a chuckle from the two boys sat in the compartment. I walked towards the door with my robes is my hand beopfre going to look for the bathrooms so I could get changed into my school robes. Evantually, after looking everywhere, I found the girls bathroom and slipped inside. The sight in the mirror was slightly disturbing, my hair was sticking up everywhere and my top was hanging of my shoulder. Sighing I began changing and sorting out my hair. After being fully satisfied with my now brushed and somewhat acceptable hair I went back to the boys. Quickly we arrived at Hogwarts and the nerves kicked in. As I exited the train I was met by a cold wind and when I looked up I saw a giant calling the frst years. "Firs' yers cum 'ere" I tuned out as Harry and the giant, who I found out was named Hagrid, had a conversation.

My eyes skimmed the surroundings and I failed to see any castle.The question of the whereabouts of the Hogwarts Castle was running through my head as Hagrid announced that we needed to board the boats before arriving at Hogwarts. Me, Harry and Ron boared one of the rather small boats as well as a girl with extremely bushy hair. The cold wind whipped around my face, causing my ginger hair to fly behind me as we made our way across the lake. A rough hand pushed my back down as we went under a large bridge with many vines hanging from above. As I looked up I saw the first glimpse of Hogwarts and let me tell you it was magnificent. The towers stood high in the dark sky and the moon cast beautiful shadows over the court yard and lake side. Windows stood tall in the towers and the light from lit lanterns inside shone through. Gasps could be heard throughout the many boats that we're now approaching the bank of the lake. Suddenly the boats stopped and we all climbed ashore. The overwhelming size of the castle hit me full force as I looked up at my home for the next 7 years. I glanced over at the boys and saw that their facial expressions resembled my own.

An elderly yet elegant women emerged from the large wooden doors after Hagrid knocked loudly on them. "Thank you Hagrid you can leave now" she said to Hagrid as he turned and left throught the pathway we created for him. “I am Professor McGonagall, head of Gryffindor and the Transfiguration teacher. Right children when we enter the castle you will be waiting outside of the main hall to be sorted. There are four different houses Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherein. Your house will be your family during your years at hogwarts, you will have lessons with them, eat with them and live with them. In just a few moments you will have a sorting ceremony before joining your house for the feast. Good luck first years."