Concert

This was actually happening. It had taken 18 years but it was happening. My first concert. Don't fuck this up Skye. I pulled my already weak legs towards the venue. 'C'mon Skye, we have to get in line!'. Clare, my complete best friend, was dragging me closer to the evidently large place the band was playing. They'd only been around for a year, but they were already amazing. Panic! At The Disco. The name shone in small lights above us. I turned behind me to see more and more fans gathering and walking the same route as us towards the line. It was two hours until the concert was even open, but for some reason I'd been pulled into attending early to appease Clare. 'Seriously Skye, hurry up, or we're never going to get to the front!' she laughed at me jokingly, yanking my arm a little more. I sighed at her, but nodded and walked alongside. A few more arm pullings later, we'd managed to get to the line, with only a small group infront. Now, all you have to do is be normal and stand there. Like thats possible with you.

The wait felt like it was eternal. It was warm outside, the same as Las Vegas usually is but there was just something about the atmosphere that made everything feel ten times longer. 'Clare, what time is it, I want to go inside'. I poked her arm, asking her for what felt like the billionth time. She pulled out her phone, then pulled out mine. 'You might as well just have your own phone back, I dont think you're going to have it stolen or anything, I mean look at half the people here'. I glanced around, making sure I didn't make eye contact. She was right, they all just looked like average teens obsessed with average bands. Nothing to worry about. I was still wary of holding possession of my own phone. Clare had been to a bunch of concerts, right from her first one seeing Black Veil Brides. Never once had she lost anything, got hurt, nothing. I'd given her my phone assured that it'd mean it wouldn't get stolen or broken since it was my first concert. Yet now she'd given it to me. I was almost certain I would end up without a phone at the end of this.

More time had passed. Once the line had reached full capacity of around 3000 people, doors were opened and people began being processed in, including us. We'd been given just enough time to be at the barrier, and I was instructed by Clare not to move. Even I wasn't thick enough to not know why. You're still thick anyways Skye, stop kidding yourself. I shook the taunting thoughts out of my head and  continued to paint a smile on my face, prepared to see the fresh-faced band. Clare was beaming a huge smile next to me, she'd noticed something. Coming close to me, she began to whisper. 'Skye, look. Over there, it's Brendon! They're about to come on stage!'. I peered to where she was gesturing, and let out a small squeal. She was right, they were here. Right, now shut the fuck up and enjoy the music.

Right on que, the band appeared on stage. The crowd behind us erupted into screaming. Clare grabbed her phone to take the first photo. I copied her, not wanting to stick out. Dumbass, you already do. Taking a few more photos as he greeted the crowd, I then slid my phone back away, then looked up. Beautiful. Stars in the night sky above. I'd never noticed the open roof of the venue. I took in the beauty of the moment, never wanting it to end. The music flowed around me, removing any anxious thoughts. Jumping around the upbeat tunes, I smiled, happy I'd agreed to this. It couldn't get better.

My entire mind and body had been locked onto Brendon, gazing onto the stage as he sung, laughed, spoke and moved. In a blur, I readlised the first half of the set was done, and like that my hypnotic gaze was cut short. I stared at Clare, a goofy smile spreading across my face. She smiled back, making me feel comfortable. 'You've got like fifteen minutes before they come back you know?'.  I looked up at her from the ground, confused. Why was she saying this? Nodding my head, I quickly whipped my head back to take a view of the crowd. 'Stay here, don't wander off'. My eyes bulged as I saw Clare pushing out of the crowd. My first gig, and I end up alone. Panic rose up inside me, and I felt my breathing become shallow. Oh god, not now...

_____________

A.N

So, first chapter c:

Its probably a little confusing rn, but you'll pick up soon

I'm updating on my phone, my laptop is broken (R.I.P) so sorry if there are any mistakes.

Its 12am in England o-o