Two

Mr. Adalwolf stared into my eyes with a growing hatred. We were soulmates and he knew it. We both had to be feeling the bond that would connect us for the rest of forever. By the look in his eyes, he felt it, but he didn't like it one bit. "I'm Aurelia." He punched the locker next to my head before stomping away. "Wait, you can't just walk away, we're soulmates!" He wasn't listening. I followed him. "Don't follow me." He ran.

He was fast and my wings were busted. "Wait!" My legs wouldn't move fast enough; not to mention, I was wearing high heels.

There was a carpet in front of a teacher's classroom. Perfect. I pulled out my wand and brought the rug to life. "You can't get away that easy." The carpet caught up to my soulmate easily. "Stop and talk to me." He sped up, so did I. He ran out the front door to the school and I followed. "You're going to get me expelled for the love of magic, stop" He bounded into the woods. I wracked my brain for a spell that would stop him...Smack!

I hit a tree and the rug went haywire. My scream filled the silent woods.

My sister's tears caused lightning storms, my screams brought strong winds. At the moment all the trees were leaning to the side from the force of my screaming winds.

"Are you stupid, you're going to call attention to yourself." Adalwolf was back. "I just hit a tree, you mutt." The wind had calmed but not the pain in my body. "You wanna be dog food Tinker Bell?" This relationship had been made in oil and water. Or between pixies and fairies. "Can you at least help me up?" No such luck. My soulmate just stood above me breathing angrily. I slowly got back to my feet. He refused to let me use him as leverage. "Why do you hate me so much?" He grunted. "You're a fairy." Obviously. "Why do you hate fairies so much?" He shrugged his broad shoulders. "I told you it's none of your business." He was so frustrating. "Well what's your name?" "Deryn Adalwolf." Progress. "Well Deryn Adalwolf, I'm Aurelia Ravensage and fate has made the two of us soulmates." Inside I was crying. Where was my happily ever after? "Well I'm not going to be your soulmate." He huffed. "But the law says-" "I don't care about the law or the soulmate bond, I will not have a disgusting fairy as a soulmate." That stung. "And I'm already in a relationship so I'm off the market." The soulmate bond trumped all other relationships. The law was going to be after us if he didn't break up with that girl. "You have to break up with her." He knew that, all supernaturals knew the law, even some humans knew the law. "Not gonna happen." He snapped. "Yes it is gonna happen, I will not have the authorities coming after me because you want to act like a sprite. You are my soulmate not that tramp you are with now." Deryn was livid. Well I didn't give two grains of fairy dust. If he was going to be selfish so was I. "If you don't break up with her I will." The law scared me more than an angry werewolf.

His body started to quiver. He bent over and his back stretched abnormally. Oh no he was changing. I'd spoken too soon, I was afraid, very afraid. School had not taught me a lot about werewolves, only to never make them angry. I thought about running but we were to deep in the forest. I didn't know where to go.

My phone.

Thankfully it was with me. I called the first number on my speed dial list. "Ellie I'm in class." Columbine whispered. "Columbine I'm stuck in the woods with a transforming werewolf who is also my soulmate and he hates me and I hit a tree and I need your help because he's changing and I think he wants to eat me." Deryn growled at me in the background. "I promise you I taste like glitter." Columbine laughed. "I'm on my way, Ellie." "Hurry." Columbine hung up. "I would never eat you." His voice was guttural and animal like. "I don't trust you." "The feeling is mutual." The self esteem I'd had in the mirror that morning was dangerously low. "Ellie!" Columbine was coming for me. "I'm here!" My best friend came through the trees. "Cal you came!" She let me run into her arms and hug her. "So this is your soulmate?" I nodded at Deryn. He had stopped changing and reverted back to his human form. "He hates fairies, isn't that great?" Columbine glared at Deryn, although he was a foot taller. "We'll talk to the elders and see what they can do about this." We turned to leave. Deryn didn't follow. "Thanks for coming to get me." "You're my best friend, of course I came to get you, and tomorrow we are going to the elders."
************
I had a fairy of all things as a soulmate. The fates must have had a good laugh at that one. They could have given me a vampire or a human for fido's sake. Aurelia Ravensage, autumn fairy, was supposed to be the girl I gave my heart to. Well she was just going to have to rip it out herself because there was no way that was ever going to happen. Fairies were the scum of the earth and I was going to get rid of them once I became alpha.

But Aurelia and her friend were going to the elders. They were going to force me to love her and strip me of my title. I couldn't let that happen. You know what you have to do, Deryn. My inner wolf, Bane, gave a toothy grin. If you can't lose her use her. Bane was so smart sometimes. I needed to "love" my soulmate until I became alpha, then my pack could wipe them all out, including my soulmate. Now go after your soulmate boy. "Aurelia, wait." Bane growled excitedly.