Three

I heard him calling my name. What did he want? "Aurelia, wait!" Columbine and I sped up, but we weren't fast enough. "I'm glad I caught you, sorry for before, I get a little testy when I haven't been hunting." He said apologetically.

The Deryn from before was gone, replaced with some nice guy. "Who are you and what have you done with my soulmate?" He laughed lightly. "I'm right here silly pixie."

That was an insult.

Columbine and I stepped back. "Don't call me a pixie, it's rude." Deryn nodded in understanding then took a step forward. "I'm sorry, I don't know much about these fairy rules and regulations, but now that we're soulmates, you can teach me." He roughly snatched me away from the safety of my best friend. What the-

"I got her from here." He said in that same bright tone. Columbine looked to me. My brain was in shock, from his sudden change of heart and the way in which he was clutching my arm, it didn't hurt but I couldn't move. "I said you could leave." Deryn growled a little. "Don't growl at her!" He turned a quick angry glare at me before he smiled innocently. Something wasn't right. "Ellie do you still need that ride after school?" I fixed my mouth to say yes when Deryn spoke up. "I'll take her home." Columbine scowled. "Alright, see you two back at school." She flew away. We were definitely going to talk about this later. "What class do you have right now?" He asked quizzically as he dropped my arm. I rubbed my arm absently as I thought about my class schedule. I looked up at his too bright eyed gaze then down at his broad shoulders and white T-shirt. The small drops of blood on his shirt reminded me of my appointment with the principal. "I'm supposed to be in the principal's office, and you're supposed to be in the nurse's office."

Belatedly I remembered my busted wings. Deryn didn't stop me from falling on my face. "A little help here." He helped me to my feet. My dress was in tatters. The golden heels that had seemed so magical were oh so painful. "I can not go back to school looking like this." Deryn gave me a once over. "Looks good to me." Men were so dim when it came to fashion. "No it doesn't, give me sec." I pulled my wand out to give myself a new look.

"What are you doing?" My soulmate's voice distracted me and ruined my whole outfit. Instead of a short gold dress, I got a loosely fitted T-shirt and jeans with no sparkles or embellishments at all, with tennis shoes. Fairy godmother kill me now. I reached up to touch my hair. It was in a ponytail thing. I snatched my hand away before it touched the thing holding my hair away from my slightly pointed ears. "I'm hideous." Deryn tilted his head in confusion. "My clothes, my shoes, my hair, it all looks so...human." Only pixies dared to dress like humans. "I look like a pixie and it's all your fault." I scrambled to change but Deryn grabbed my wand. "Give me back, Daphne." If he did anything to hurt Daphne, I'd kill him. I attempted to fly to reach Daphne but my wings wouldn't even flap.  "You look fine now let's go, or the wand gets it." Why was my soulmate so evil? I didn't go around trying to neuter him or even threatening to. I tried a pout but he ignore the face that would make a thousand fairy men bend at my will. Ok one, my dad, but it usually worked.  "Walk." I sighed and began the trek in my horrible human shoes. We walked in silence all the way back to the school. He didn't give my wand back until we were in the principal's office. I snatched my baby and stroked her lovingly.

"I'm so sorry, Daphne, I'll never let the big bad wolf touch you ever again." The principal opened his office door to greet me after a certain bad dog had knocked on the door and darted away to a corner where he wouldn't be seen. "Ms. Ravensage, I was expecting you earlier, please take a seat." I put my wand away and sat in my usual chair near the window. Me and the principal went way back. "Mr. Bloodshed I swear it wasn't my fault this time." The old vamp nodded. He had to be over a hundred but he didn't look a day over twenty-five. His pale chiseled face held no wrinkles to indicate the truth about his age plus he had no gray in his jet black hair. "Explain." I told him about the wall and then Deryn's face at the door, then the argument between my beloved teacher and me. All the while Deryn stood on the other side of the door, listening, I could feel the distance, weird. "So where did you go after you left the class, you obviously didn't come here?"

I commenced to telling him about Deryn and the soulmate bond. He listened to me explain in vivid detail the chase and my collision with the tree. I skipped the part about him hating me. He stopped me when I started on our silent trip back. "From what I hear, you have really had a hard day, thus far." Finally someone understood. "One week detention."
Mr. B was on my hex list.
"But it wasn't my fault."
"Do you want two?"
I was going to glitter him so bad he was going to glow for days. "No sir." Mr. B eyed the door. "Is Mr. Adalwolf at the door?" I nodded. Deryn walked in. "Sorry to snoop, Mr. Bloodshed, I was just so worried about my soulmate, she's had some really bad luck today." I rolled my eyes. "Since you're so worried, you can join her in detention, seems you two have skipped a fair amount of school." Deryn's jaw dropped, I fell to the ground laughing. Sweet, sweet justice. "Have a nice day and I will see the both of you at 2:30 sharp." My victory was short lived. "What time is detention over?" I said from the floor. Fairy school started at 4:00. "4:30" And my bad luck continues. "I have to be at fairy school by 4, is there anyway I can leave early?" Mr. B shook his head. "You can't be on time for my school, you should be fine being late for your little fairy school."

They were going to send another hex to my mom, she was going to beat the fairy dust out of me and send me to live with the pixies for real. The last hex consisted of snakes, lots of them. A bead of sweat rolled down my face from my forehead. "Can't you just call my mom and have her give me permission to leave?" Mr. Bloodshed was enjoying watching me squirm. "2:30, don't be late." What happened to kindness, and pity. It was as if Mr. B had forgotten all of the good times.

Excessive tardy stories that never failed to put a smile on his face and the hilarious stories about Me and the pixies. It was like we weren't close anymore. "Shall I tell your mother about your punishment or should you?" He asked with a sinister smile.

Goodbye wings, we had fun over the years, I'm gonna miss you. -XOXO Aurelia