two. support me

・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

MARITZA'S POV

I know Amy's been trying to get my attention the entire period, but all I can think about is Ricky Bowen. Weird, I know. But I couldn't help it.

I need to somehow approach him at some point today to ask him what our plan for our kid is. Wow, that's a great sentence to be saying on the first day of junior year. I'm sure my dad is gonna be thrilled to hear I'm having a kid at the ripe age of sixteen. Definitely gonna have to plan how I'm gonna tell him about my project without giving him a heart attack. I'd say the same for my mom, too, but I doubt she'd be listening long enough to realize what I was saying.

"I'm gonna audition for the musical."

I blinked rapidly, coming back to reality quickly. I whirled on Amy, who was twirling a fry around her finger casually, eyeing me with a single raised eyebrow. "What?" I finally asked, completely and utterly confused. Did her trip to Europe somehow make her a theater girl? Or maybe we're in an alternate universe where everyone is their opposite? Because my Amy thought musicals were jokes. "Since when?"

Amy shrugged. "Since now. Seems cool."

I stared back at her blankly. "You're joking, right? I was forced to change the movie of our movie nights so many times because you'd laugh during serious scenes if there was singing involved." Amy shrugged again. She has to be kidding. Yet she didn't crack even the smallest of smiles. "Amy, you laughed when Gabriella left Lava Springs, that was an emotional scene!"

Amy blinked. "I...don't remember that."

"I do," I emphasized. It's true, I vividly remember when it happened because it's one of the few moments I've questioned our friendship. I'm not that big of a High School Musical fan myself, more of Lemonade Mouth fan, but even I acknowledged that that scene was emotional as hell and deserved to be respected. Can't say the same for Amy, who bursted into laughter the moment Gabriella opened her mouth to begin singing.

The girl scoffed, turning her head with enough force for her hair to slap me in the house. "It would help if you were supporting me, Mari, like for once in your life."

Is she...serious?

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

"Support her? Who's the idiot that held her on their shoulders so she could catch a glimpse of Justin Timberlake when he was in town? And who's the one that tried to use the other's SAT notes to blow their nose? Now you tell me who supports who in this friendship."

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

I don't know if Amy is joking, but if she is, I don't like this joke at all. But she didn't crack a smile at all, and Amy is usually always smiling, so it's safe to assume she isn't trying to mess with my head.