nine. the crush signs

·゜゜·  ·゜゜·.

.·゜゜·  ·゜゜·.

"Not that I don't love you and everything," Amy starts, causing me to look up from my locker. She stares down at Rico with mild discomfort on her features. "But, can you take him away from me?"

I roll my eyes, turning back to my locker. "He won't bite, Amy."

"It's not that," Amy insisted. The moment my locker was closed, Rico was being extended out to me, giving me no choice but to take hold of him. "I'm your best friend, but I can't risk being infected by Ricky Bowen's kid, I'm too young for that."

Infected?

"You realize this is my kid, too, right?" Amy's expression doesn't change. "Okay, Ames, whatever you say. We're late for rehearsals, so..." I gesture to the hall with an extended hand, and Amy's gaze lingers on Rico for a beat before taking a step and beginning our walk to the bomb shelter.

The last few days have been chaotic, to say the least.

Musical wise, Gina came up with a whole new number for Gabriella and Taylor that I didn't even know was possible. That girl can bend in ways that I've only seen possessed people do in movies, it's kind of terrifying. Plus, not that I don't like her or anything, but gossip spreads. And when you're as quiet and attentive as I am, you tend to hear this gossip. And I happened to hear that Gina is scheming to go from being Gabriella's understudy to being Gabriella. You know, the Gabriella that precious Nini currently has the role of.

Look, I'm not friends with Nini or something, but I'm definitely more civil with her than I am with Gina. Not gonna lie, Gina scares me. She reminds me a lot of my mom, which is enough said. Nini, on the other hand, does not scare me. In fact, she does quite the opposite. As of right now, Nini is a bunny innocently eating a carrot as a meal, and Gina is the snake thinking Nini would make for a good meal. Get what I mean?

That being said, I think Amy likes Gina. Weirdly enough, it makes sense. Amy has a very strong personality, Gina has a very strong personality, together they'd be extremely powerful. It'd be a terrifying force of nature for the two of them to be together. But I don't usually give my input on Amy's love life because she and I tend to be very different in that aspect of our lives.

Besides the musical, my home life has been pretty interesting, too.

For instance, Ricky made a very lasting impression. By that, I mean the twins ask me every day when I come home about my "blanquito boyfriend." Yes, they don't say his name, they just refer to him as my 'white boy boyfriend.' Which...I don't even want to delve into that title he's been assigned, because I don't even know where to start.

That day when I walked Ricky back to the door with a beet-red face, seemed to give everybody the wrong impression. Trust me, I wish I wasn't a blushing mess as much as they wished I wasn't, but I couldn't help it. That evening staring at plastic stars made me extremely uncomfortable, and I like to pretend it didn't happen. Because acknowledging that it did happen would mean admitting something that I don't think is true and is just a passing feeling. So yep, nothing happened.