four. rich baby

・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

MARITZA'S POV

From the moment I woke up, the only thing on my mind was today was the day. Friday afternoon, the shipment came into school, and let me tell you, it was bizarre seeing some bulky man unloading a bunch of robot baby dolls in boxes. Mr.Mazzara then informed us that he didn't care if he'd have to sleep at school; he would get the robots set up in time for us to start our project on Monday. Here's to hoping he didn't.

Amy leaned against the locker beside mine, tapping on her phone viciously. I glanced at her for a moment, trying to peek at what she was doing but ultimately giving up as I realized she was purposely leaning the screen away from me. Suspicious.

"So," I started, and Amy's eyes flicked up to me briefly, "anything interesting happen this weekend?" Like you got a secret girlfriend and needed to text her at all times?

"Nope," Amy responded simply, barely glancing up from her phone. Great, well, that was a bust. Might as well just drop it, if she wanted me to know, she'd tell me herself.

Okay, I change my mind.

I need to know.

I snatched the phone out of her phone and turned away before she could react. Amy let out a squeak of shock, before reaching for her phone, which I quickly shielded with my body. She's texting...Gina.

Gina, as I learned this week, is number one. At the audition, I thought she had me questioning my own sexuality for a second, but then she opened her mouth, and I decided I was pretty secure with my sexuality. It's not that she's terrible or anything, she's just really...something. Something that I'm not that into. But hey, Amy's cup of tea might be bitter than mine...like a lot more bitter.

"Okay," I said, handing the phone back to Amy.

She stared at me with wide eyes. "What'd you read?"

I shrugged. "Nothing besides the contact. Not my business." I shut my locker, hiking my bag higher up my shoulder. Amy stared at me with evident confusion, but she didn't press any further, stepping forward to join my side. I mean, it wasn't a lie. Once I saw she was texting Gina, I figured it wasn't anything I needed to know. And if it was, well, Amy would tell me.

Probably.

I parted from Amy with a hug as she reached my health class, and the dread I felt this morning returned way too quickly. Everybody was already sitting in their pairs, partners discussing the project intently. Meanwhile, my partner is doing god knows what right now in whichever class he's in.

Mr.Mazzara handed me a box as I walked past his desk, regarding me with the slightest nod before moving on to the next student. A little inhumane to give me my child in a box, but whatever.