chapter one

chapter one; hollywood arts

      IT ALL STARTED WHEN HONEY acted in front of the Hollywood Arts teachers, each impressed with how well the girl could conceal her true feelings and replace them with almost believable facade.

   Honey has always been a good actress, from when she was little; scaring her babysitter into leaving so that her parents would come back home. To present day where Honey hides her true feelings to her friends because she's too afraid of them not liking her.

  There are only two people that could see through this apathetic behavior; Honey's best friend, Beck Oliver and Jade West, Honey's long time crush. The two of the three had already been friends before they started school, as said many times before, but it had only been recently that the three started hanging out inside and outside school hours.

   And since that time, Jade West has been beginning to see the real Honey Kingswell. The Honey no one else gets to see besides Beck. But what Honey didn't know is that sometime during their hangouts, Jade started to slowly realize that she wasn't just hanging out with the two because they shared similar style and likes; It's so much more than that.

   “Hey, pass me the ketchup.” Honey said holding her hand out towards Beck, who was halfway through his sandwich already. The brunette squints his eyes, glancing at the single red packet. “What if I want it?”

   Honey rolls her eyes at the teasing behind his words, still holding her hand out impatiently. “You're going to put ketchup on a turkey sandwich?” Beck shrugs innocently, a playful smile spreading across his face once he saw the annoyed stare Honey is giving him.

   “What's the magic word?” Honey groaned, reaching over the table and grabbing the packet but before she could Beck snatched it; holding it near his face. “Beck Oliver I swear to—”

  The packet suddenly got pulled out of his grasp as another figure approaches, causing both teens to stop what they're doing. “Here.” Jade tosses the packet of ketchup towards Honey, sitting down in front of her on the round lunch table.

   “Thanks.” The left corner of Honey's lips lifted slightly as she rips the top of the packet open finally. “Well, that was rude.” Beck frowns disapprovingly at their new goth friend– shaking his head. Jade raises an eyebrow but ignores him and takes out her lunch.

    “Any plans before the show tomorrow?” Beck asks the two girls, watching the goth pick at her sushi absentmindedly. Honey lets out a sigh, shaking her head. “Nope, unless you all want to do something.”

   Honey glances at Jade and takes in her bored expression. “Well, I have to stay home and rehearse. Mom's forcing me.” Jade rolls her eyes while stabbing the crab in her sushi and picking it out. “Then I guess it's just you and me, Hon.”

  Beck shrugs crumbling the wrapper from his lunch and stands up. “I'll be back.” He said, running his hand through his hair and walking over to a table that only had three people sitting— well four if you count Robbie's puppet, Rex.

   “You don't have a part in the show?” Jade asks, moving to Beck's seat to have a better conversation with the girl. Honey shakes her head no after some thought. “Nah, mostly just lighting and helping with makeup.” Not that Honey complained, if she wasn't already dreaming of being an actresses she probably would've been a make-up artist.

  Jade nods understandingly, biting the inside of her cheek. “Then I guess I'll see you backstage right? Hopefully I will get you and not some stranger touching my face.” Honey saw Jade cringe slightly at the thought of people she didn't know touching her, something the two both strongly disliked.

  “Of course, just come find me by the mirrors.” Honey chuckles, crumbling her wrapper like Beck did moments before. “Wanna head out? Class starts soon and you know how Sikowitz gets.” The two girls laugh, understanding and throw their lunch away only to meet up with Beck and his friends.

    It wasn't long before the trio exited school, Honey's hands shoved in her jacket pockets while her two other friends are in the middle of a conversation. “I'm still surprised Trina gets to sing, especially that big of a song.” Beck scratches the back of his in curiosity and disbelief.

  Jade hums in agreement, turning her head slightly to look at the older brunette just a couple of cars away. “I'm still surprised Trina is at this school. You'd think they'd expell her or something by now.” Honey spoke not looking up from her bag as she searches for her car keys.

   The goth snorts slightly, nodding before patting Beck's arm. “See you tomorrow.” Beck pulls the short female in for a side hug before engulfing Honey in a full one. “Later, Beck.”

   Beck waves one last time before leaving the two girls alone once again, this time intentional due to Jade not having a car or her licenses yet. “Ready?” Honey looks over the hood of her truck at Jade, surprised to see her already staring back.

   “Of course.” Jade raises an eyebrow, opening the passenger door and sliding in the grey seat. Honey pinches her eyebrows for a second before shrugging and opening her own door. “Okay then.”

  a/n; if you guys tell me to update, chances are i probably wont. im sorry for the long wait im just busy with finals and catching up on school work plus is almost christmas or im shopping a lot!