chapter two

chapter two; Tori Vega

    "It looks great, Honey." Jade compliments, leaning towards the mirror to get a better look at herself. "Really? Well, thanks." The two girls finish up Jade's makeup before Lane, the principal, runs into the room.

   "I need Honey Kingswell. Where's Honey?" Honey raises her hand, still searching for eyeliner when he hand was suddenly tugged on. "What-" Lane rolls his eyes before pulling the girl fully out of the room. "I-We need your help. Trina has an, uh, a problem with her tongue so her sister is filling in. Can you do her makeup in.."

   Honey is dragged around backstage until they reach the dressing room where a group of students ran around. "Ten minutes?" Honey rolls her eyes and pulls out her makeup bag from her hoodie pocket.

   "I can do five." Lane smiles and he would've cheered if they had not reached Trina's sister already. Honey looks over the brunette, already seeing the stress on her face. "Don't worry I got someone!" Lane pushes past Andre who handed Trina's sister a top.

   "Hey, my name's Tori." Honey nods, pulling her arm over to a chair. "Oh, uh, okay." Tori awkwardly sat down, pushing her hair out of her face. "Honey- you have great skin by the way." Honey compliments, taking out her foundation and dipping some onto the back of her hand.

   Tori looks at Honey weirdly but decides to keep quiet until the girl finished the job. After a while, Honey finished with Tori's eye makeup letting the singer stand and take a glance at herself in the mirror.

  “Wow, you are really... Great! Thanks!” Tori smiles thankfully before being pulled again by another staff employee towards the stage. Honey didn't have time to watch the show, seeing as it was already six at night and she had to clean up her station before she went home.

     “So what you're saying is, the girl from last night is now attending Hollywood Arts. This Hollywood Arts?” Honey asks for the second time this morning, pulling into the school with Jade in the passenger seat. “Yes, but atleast she's a better singer than her sister.”

   Honey nods in understanding, turning her truck off and getting out. “Well, hopefully i dont run into her anytime soon. I really don't feel like talking to anyone today.” Honey groans softly, rubbing her forehead as the couple walked inside the air conditioned school.

  Jade shakes her head, pulling her strap closer to her chest. “Don't worry I'll make sure she doesn't. But save me a seat in Sikowitzs', I'm going to grab something from my locker.” Jade pats Honey's shoulder softly before taking a sharp turn to her left towards her locker.

   Honey didn't have time to comprehend what Jade said before she entered her first hour; Drama. Walking in, Honey took a quick glance around the room trying to find two open seat before she suddenly jolted back, someone bumping into her chest.

  “Oh! I'm so, so sorry.” It was Tori, Honey realised, after looking down at the girl who Homey caught in her arms. “It's fine.” Honey said, letting go of Tori's arms when she saw that she could stand up straight.

   It wasn't until Tori pulled out a few napkins when Honey realized Tori spilled her iced coffee all over her grey top. “Oh— uh..” Honey awkwardly chuckles, grabbing Tori's hand to stop her from continuing to wipe the spilled drink.

   “I really am.. Sorry.” Tori's face reddens slightly in embarrassment from either the contact or the fact she just spilled coffee all over a stranger. “Trust me. Its fine.” Honey mustered up a small smile before she heard the door open behind the two.

   “Dude, why you rubbing my gir– my friend?” Tori awkwardly looks past Honey to see Jade, her eyebrow arched as her arms are spread a little in curiosity. “Oh I just spilled–” Tori stutters slightly bringing her hands closer to her side as Honey steps back a bit to look at Jade.

   Jade crosses her arms, still staring at Tori with her eyebrow arched. “Get away from her.” Honey tried hiding her smile as she stepped towards Jade, setting her bag down in a seat along the way. “It's okay, just a small incident.”

   “Oh my God, there's a huge fire!” Sikowitz slams the door open on the other side of the room, yelling at all the students that already found their seats. Honey felt Jade grab her arm while Beck pushes the two girls towards the door as the other kids were failing to get out of their seats.

   Sikowitz laughs at their frantic state, clutching his stomach as he supports himself on the wall. “Just kidding! I wanted to get your blood pumping, and I did!” Honey groans, tossing her head back as she glares at the Drama teacher.

   As much as she loved acting, she really didn't feel like watching her teacher's ever move just in case this happens again. “Okay let's get starts, rumps in chairs.” Sikowitz flings his bag to the side of the small stage, rubbing his hands together as he looks around the room at the now seated teens.

   “He's our teacher?” Tori loudly whispers to Andre, who only glances at her nodding. “Okay first off I'd like to introduce our new student, Tori.” Honey starts to clap along with her other classmates but Jade grabs her wrists and sets them in her lap.

  Honey gives Jade a weird look before the goth girl rests her back on Beck's shoulder. “And I'd like to thank Tori for her generous gift of two dollars outside this morning which was not necessary but very much appreciated.”

   “Why'd you give him two dollars?” Andre asks the question most students are thinking. Tori shrugs in embarrassment, trying to defend herself. “I thought he was homeless." Honey snorts at the answer finding it amusing that Tori mistakes a teacher for a hobo; not that she's surprised though after seeing Sikowitzs' choice of clothing.

  “Now today we are going to continue our study in group improv.” Sikowitz slides the dollars in his jacket before turning back to the class. “Tori! I assume you are familiar with improv?”

    Tori pauses for a moment before putting her hands between her knees. “No.” Honey zoned out for a while, not really caring for another lesson on improv and glancing at the couple beside her curiously.

  “Jade! You will captain the first group for today. Choose your actors!” Jade got up confidently, and sighs as if she already has a few in mind.

    Honey hoped neither Beck or her would be chosen as she saw the mischievous twinkle in Jade's eyes. “Cat, Eli, Beck and Tori.”