chapter three

chapter three; black nail polish

    Honey slumps in her seat at the site of her fellow students arguing on stage, with Tori on all fours being surrounded by Cat and Eli who took turns petting their new 'dog'. Honestly Honey found the whole thing ridiculous but that's just improve.

   “Uh oh, looks like this dog has bugs in her fur.” Jade leans over Tori's head, picking at her hair in disgust. The two 'kids' Eli and Cat quickly jump back mimicking Jade's disgust. “Eww!” Cat shivers pushing into Eli's side to get further away.

    Honey shakes her head, leaning forward to rest her elbows on her knees. Her frame slouched as she already pictures what is going to happen next. It's a known fact that if you mess with any of Jade's friends or significant other, she'll hit back ten times harder.

   “Oh it's okay! I read on the internet that coffee is great to get rid of fur bugs!" Jade takes a guys coffee from his hands before glancing over at Honey with a smirk. Honey only stares back with a frown; of course she likes Jade a lot and loves that she is so protective but she always crosses the line with these things.

    “Uh maybe you shouldn't–” Beck tries to intervene poorly, reaching his hand out only to run it through his hair as he sees Jade already standing over Tori. Jade pours the coffee on Tori's head watching the awkward smile the girl held morph into shock and disbelief.

   Everyone sat there silently, watching with wide eyes while Tori stands up only to run out the room not looking back. “Tori–” Honey stands up but a hand on her shoulder stops her from going after the girl. Honey may not see Tori as a friend but no one deserves that kind of treatment on their first day.

   “I got this.” Andre said patting her shoulder before opening the door and leaving. It's quiet for a while before Honey turns around to look at Jade with her arms crossed. “Jade..” She sighs at the goth who shrugs her shoulders innocently. “Robbie, go tell them to get back in class.” Sikowitz says shooing the tall boy out with his puppet.

     Honey sits back in her seat as the three other students on stage do the same, Jade and Beck sitting in either side of Honey who didn't look at either of them.

    “She had it coming.” Jade murmurs, not looking up from her already chipped black nails. It's currently lunch and apparently Tori went home for the rest of the day, leaving Jade proud of herself. “Tsk, you've already ruined them. Do I really have to paint them again?” Honey softly whines grabbing Jade's hand to get a better look at her friends nails.

   Beck rolls his eyes at the two, silently eating his hamburger while Jade rests her head on her other hand looking at Honey. “I guess so... So your place after school?” Honey looks up, pausing for a moment before nodding. “Why not, I don't have anything going on other than I have to cook tonight.” Jade hms grabbing Honey's hand better before taking out her lunch.

   “Does that mean you'll have left overs for lunch tomorrow? Because you know the drill, Honey.” Beck says pointing his finger at the short haired girl who only stares at him blankly before rolling her eyes. “Of course, you think I've forgotten. I'll have enough for both of you and me, you guys know how I cook.” Honey chuckles at her habit of over cooking. It's not her fault, she's just used to cooking for a big family but since her siblings have already moved out there isn't a need for it.

   The trio quickly finish their lunch before heading back to classes, meeting up with Robbie, Cat and Andre on the way there for short conversation. When school finally let out, Jade and Honey made their way to Honey's truck talking about the upcoming play.

    “Oh, warning before we go inside.. My mom is taking an extra shift at the hospital tonight so it's just going to be us and my dad.” Honey says pulling into her drive way and turning off the car. Jade nods, understanding while taking off her seatbelt and grabbing her bag. “No worries. I think your dad likes me more than you."

    Honey pouts at Jade, stepping out of the car and shutting the door behind her. The two girls walk up the short steps and onto the porch. Honey's house isn't like her friends; it isn't big due to the fact it's in a poorer neighborhood. “I honestly wouldn't doubt it.” Honey replies, taking her keys from her bag and unlocking the front door. Honey let's Jade walk in first, letting her take her shoes off by the door before Honey enters after her– repeating her friends actions.

   “Honey, that you?” Honey glances at Jade, walking past her and into the kitchen where she catches her dad setting a glass cup down. “I don't understand why you guys decided on the name honey. It gets very confusing sometimes.” Honey says walking towards the fridge and taking out the orange juice, passing it to her dad, dropping her bag in the process. “Your mother liked the name at the time.” He shrugs pouring himself a glass.

   “Yeah, 'liked',” Honey scoffs beckoning Jade to come in the kitchen as she grabs a glass from the cabinet. “You want a glass, J?” Honey glances over her shoulder to see Jade sit at the island, setting her bag on the floor besides Honey's. “Sure, just a little.” Honey nods, grabbing another glass and walking over to the orange juice. “Oh Jade, nice of you to join us.” Honey's dad smiles leaning on the counter.

    Jade sends a small smile back, nodding her head. “Great to be here, Mr.K.” Honey looks between the two, sliding a now half filled glass towards the goth girl. “Well, we'll be in my room for a while before I start dinner.” Honey's dad only nods, watching the two girls leave the kitchen with their bags and glass of orange juice.

   “See, your dad loves me. I don't know why you always worry about it.” Jade says shutting Honey's door behind her as Honey sets her bag by her dresser, taking Jades and setting it next to hers. “Well, Usually he doesn't like new people. He only likes Beck so much because well, we grew up together.” Jade hums, nodding as she sits on Honey's yellow bed watching the awkward girl search for black nail polish.

       As Honey looks through her dresser Jade looks around the room a bit, pausing as she sees the wall behind Honey's bed covered with polaroid pictures. “When did you put this up?” Honey glances over as she switches drawers, smiling. “Oh I put it up after you and Beck came over for movie night.” Honey explains as Jade picks up a picture of Honey and her mom.

   “We left at like two in the morning.” Jade says putting the picture back. Honey laughs nodding her head. “Yeah I know.” Jade rolls her eyes, looking at the rest of the pictures before realizing something. Most of the are pictures of Jade and Honey; either at her house or at school. Jade takes a sip from her glass before setting it down on the night stand beside the bed. “Ah, here.” Jade quickly looks over only to see a smiling Honey holding a bottle of black nail polish.

     She walks over and sits in front of Jade holding her hand out. “Okay now give me a hand and promise me you will stop picking at your nails.” Jade raises an eyebrow but sets her hand on Honey's with a smirk. “I promise.”

   Honey stares at Jade for a while before she shakes her head and begins to paint. “I don't know why I make you promise everytime when I know these nails will last only two days.” Honey sighs as Jade chuckles moving her hand slightly. “Atleast hold your hand still.” Honey whines softly, wrapping her thumb around Jade's ring finger and pinky before moving it to paint over the nails.

a/n;;; so sorry for the wait ive been getting writers block but i will try to update this book