The family portrait

Charlie and Veggie walked into the next room. There they saw Angel Dust and Husk at the bar, Husk totally annoyed of him, Niffty dancing to the music but Alastor wasn't there.

"Hey guys!", Niffty called. The girls winked to her and even Veggie looked kinda impressed through the room.

"Hey Niffty, where- where is Alastor?", Charlie asked. But then in the next moment Alastor came from behind and hugged her and Veggie. 

"Here he is.", he said and then pushed Veggie away again.

He bowed to Charlie and gave her a hand.

"May in have this dance? ", he asked.
First Charlie saw behind to Veggie who formed an X with her arms and shook her head.

"Well...", she started nervously. " You may.", she said.

Then he suddenly pulled her closer and she looked with shock at him.

Angrily Veggie sat down next to Angel Dust at the bar. "I think you are right Veggie.", He said and then took a big sip of the beer in his hand.

"What do you mean?", she asked confused.

"The Radio Demon. There's something wrong with him. Last night, i wanted to get me some drugs but on my way i saw him looking at the portrait of the royal family."

Veggie formed her hand into a fist and said furiously:"If he hurts her in any way, Then I'll rip his head off and shoot him like a football into the next hellfire!"

"Or he just has a dumb crush on her.", Angel Dust said.

Veggie looked shocked at them both dancing. "No!", she then called. " Just because they are dancing it doesn't means he loves her. I mean- He is Alastor. The Radio Demon."

"You are right. I could dance with you too but how could I love a girl like you?", then he started laughing.

She looked annoyed at him and said:" That's because you're a gay freak."

Then he leaned forward to Husk and said, "She's right," and gave him an air kiss.

Then Husk immediately pushed him away and shouted annoyed:" Stay the fuck away from me!"

Later at night, Charlie couldn't find sleep so she went through the hotel. The corridor was already renovated and repaired.

"Wow. Alastor did a very good job." Then she suddenly stopped walking as she saw Alastor looking at the portrait. She hid behind a wall and watched him. "What is he doing?", she asked confused.

After some minutes he walked away and Charlie ran to the portrait. Something changed there. She just couldn't say what exactly. She felt a weird energy.

Charlie came closer and when she touched the picture she suddenly remembered something of her past.

She saw herself and her father playing with two wodooh dolls. It was when she was 11. Some months later they stopped spending much time together because she started learning how to be a queen. And knowing that there are only some years left until she will be.